Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inflation

Feedback Score

Inflation

So, the last $1000 bill was printed in 1964. If you still have one, it has lost 88% of its purchasing power. (Only worth about $120) With us months away from 30 trillion in debt, and a minimum wage of $15/hour, how much do you think a Big Mac is going to cost in 4 years?

Also an observation: building wire in my area has increased by about 20% in 6 months.
    Last edited by thepatriot2705; 01-16-21 at 00:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I actually think it's closer to more than 200 trillion. Something to do with money that is too be paid out like social security and Medicare because technically they made an obligation to pay. Just look up actual us dept you'll see what I mean.
    Last edited by Twilk73; 01-16-21 at 01:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    I actually think it's closer to 300 trillion. Something to do with money that is too be paid out like. Just look up actual us dept you'll see what I mean.

You’re speaking of unfunded liabilities. Last I checked, it was around $160 trillion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    You’re speaking of unfunded liabilities. Last I checked, it was around $160 trillion.
    Yes exactly! I hadnt checked in awhile and I'm tired so forgive my laziness. Don't worry though Andrew yang will be here shortly to give out $1000 checks monthly like he is oprah. We'll not for all just new York now.
    Last edited by Twilk73; 01-16-21 at 01:15.

Feedback Score
    Well, I have a good deal of money saved for retirement.

I'm really looking forward to the cup of coffee that will buy me in my post inflation retirement.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well ammo will be a good hedge against inflation, can't wait until a .22 long rifle round will get me a BJ.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Well, I have a good deal of money saved for retirement.

I'm really looking forward to the cup of coffee that will buy me in my post inflation retirement.
    I am beginning to see the folly of living well within our means and saving money at a rate intended to insure indendence in my dottering years.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I am beginning to see the folly of living well within our means and saving money at a rate intended to insure indendence in my dottering years.

Andy
    That's no $#**. I have $0 non mortgage debt, paying the house off is in easy reach, and I have substantial money put away. I almost feel like doing things "right" has been all wrong. Fixed debt is almost meaningless going into high inflation.

I hear guys made serious bank in the 70's going into debt to buy precious metals and other durable commodities. My testicles are too small to let me risk it though.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I noticed cow feed was up about 2% compared to the price it’s been for last couple years. This happened this week.

Feedback Score
    I just got to the point to do some substantial investment($0 debt and renting) outside of my standard 401k, and am debating Roth/ETFs, land, or metals at this point.
    Would have been roth/etfs, but inflation has me considering undeveloped land or platinum... or just buy fun stuff like precision rifles and thermal (no ammo though - that sucks).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast