Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Break out your checkbook

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    $5.4 million for a little car which I would have to shoe horn myself to get inside the things. At 6ft 2 and 3/4, and long legs, I would be sitting with my nose and eyes above the windshield. I need something bigger. Neat little car, though.
    A few decades back, I took out a 911 for a really fun test drive at a nearby dealership. Almost needed KY to get into the damn thing!

geezer john:) - 6’5”/275#

PS - When you ride in on a BMW K100 RS with Luftmeister turbo, they’re much more likely to let you take their car out for a fun time:). And FWIW - cars aren’t nearly as much fun as a good, fast MC!!!!!!!!
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    A few decades back, I took out a 911 for a really fun test drive at a nearby dealership. Almost needed KY to get into the damn thing!

geezer john - 6’5”/275#

PS - When you ride in on a BMW K100 RS with Luftmeister turbo, they’re much more likely to let you take their car out for a fun time. And FWIW - cars aren’t nearly as much fun as a good, fast MC!!!!!!!!
    For me as a teenager, it was a 1975 Yamaha Enduro DT400. Now I have a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC. I like dual sport bikes for this environment, and for longer trips. My longest ride on that 2012 Triumph was taking as much two lane blacktop as I could find and rode back to Fort Campbell, KY, then to the Smoky Mountains in Eastern TN. It was a 3.5 week trip. Pure relaxation and took my time.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    I can see where you insure this for it being stolen or lost in a fire or something like that, but considering a 427 cobra is a scary little bitch that I’ll bite you hard, what would the driving insurance look like for this? Or when you have a car like this I assume you don’t drive it very much, or do you just basically self insure for accidents.

Granted there is a financial loss, but I assume if you own a Cobra like this you are part of that huge Cobre fan base, and if you wrecked one of these I assume you would not be very well thought of.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 01-17-21 at 15:11.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I saw that...there was a 69 Yenko COPO Camaro w/ the L88 power plant that came on soon after. Not near the same class of $$$ but still out of my range being they only made 69.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12