Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer Battered Fish and Chips

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Beer Battered Fish and Chips

If you've never seen this mans channel before then you are missing out.

Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That is where I learned to clarify my butter and rinse the starch off my hash-browns!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I just listened to Jimi Hendrix "Voodoo Child" then I came to M4C and saw this thread by Voodoochild. How funny.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive followed Kent for years.
    Just recently made two batches of his chille & Mexican Cornbread.
    Want to see something mouthwatering? Look at his recipe for corndogs...the minute I can buy a pot long enough to fry them in, Im making them. I really enjoy his vids.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is awesome!

Feedback Score
    There used to be an "English Pub" in Nashville called Sherlock Holmes. They have long since closed up but the food was awesome, in a quaint pub-style setting. Big-ass piece of fired Haddock (might have been Cod, don't remember) that would take up your plate lengthwise. The other half they'd fill with "chips", which were basically steak fries. I always got the side of mushy-peas too. Good shit Maynard!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I just listened to Jimi Hendrix "Voodoo Child" then I came to M4C and saw this thread by Voodoochild. How funny.
    You have good taste in music.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I gotta say oil fried food always killed my apatite. Something about all that grease bubbling just turns me off.

On the other hand I'm always interested in different cooking methods and recipes

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    If you've never seen this mans channel before then you are missing out.

Been a long time watcher of Mr. Rollins. I have yet to try a singe dish as instructed that wasn't excellent.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Funny story:

When I was a lot younger my dad lived in a camper community by a lake, he went to go visit family across the country and left the keys to his place to me. Me and a buddy decided to go for a fishing weekend and thought we would just catch our own food and brought nothing with us but fish fry fixings. On the way up we kept hearing a place advertise a deep fried burger. Didn’t think much of it until the following day when we hadn’t caught anything yet. We are getting mighty hungry at this point and decided to run into town and get a pound of burger meat to do our own deep fried burgers. We get back and all I can find is a turkey fryer burner and a Dutch oven. So we fire it up and deep fry some burgers. That was gross as who would have guess 80% ground round fried would end up a huge grease sandwich???? So back out to the lake to catch supper. We come back after dark with no fish again. I go to my dad’s deep freezer and find a pack of blue cat fillets. We thaw them out and decide to try beer batter and forego the normal fry mix. Neither of us know what we are doing and mix the egg, beer, cornmeal, flour all together and dip the filets in it and of course it is dripping off the filets. Now it is pitch black outside where I have the Dutch oven heated back up to fry the fish in. There are no lights except a street light 75-100ft away and the light from the burner. Well I drop the fish in the oil and I can see the filets breaking apart as the batter is not holding them together. I go get a slotted spoon and as the bits float up I scoop them out. Now we are sitting on the front porch eating our fish and burnt beer batter, or so I thought.... I take my plate inside the camper to investigate. Well... between deep frying burgers and going out fishing until dark, neither of us thought to put the lid on the Dutch oven. We not only had fish, beer batter chips, we also had every fly in the camp fried to a crispy critter! I tell this story and nobody every wants to come over for a fish fry any longer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast