Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zastava M90 5.56 AK

Feedback Score

Zastava M90 5.56 AK

https://youtu.be/TrKlAokhtX4

God willing, I will be able to buy one with 15-20 magazines. Let’s hope and pray.

Feedback Score
    They are no longer imported...I had the M90 amd M85NP...cool guns.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Oh yeah. I hope they can get that in before Joe get too comfortable with his EO pen. I am definitely down for one of these.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I think the Serbian 5.56x45 AK's are some of the most underrated AK's. Century imported the M90NP's (take AR15 magazines) and had a hard time selling them for less than $600. I have an M82 (5.56x45 RPK) built from a kit, two fixed stock M90's build from kits, one underfolding M90 built from a kit, a Century imported M90NP, a Century imported PAP M85 that I converted to a side folding SBR and an M85 built from a kit. As you can tell, I'm all in on these rifles. They're stout and the quality is great. I am perplexed why Zastava doesn't import the newer more advanced M21 version. Note the M21 designation on the magazine in the video linked above.

https://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/assault-rifle-m21/

Feedback Score
    I hope to get one of the new 90’s and compare it to the M21 kit I’ve got at Two Rivers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I think the Serbian 5.56x45 AK's are some of the most underrated AK's. Century imported the M90NP's (take AR15 magazines) and had a hard time selling them for less than $600. I have an M82 (5.56x45 RPK) built from a kit, two fixed stock M90's build from kits, one underfolding M90 built from a kit, a Century imported M90NP, a Century imported PAP M85 that I converted to a side folding SBR and an M85 built from a kit. As you can tell, I'm all in on these rifles. They're stout and the quality is great. I am perplexed why Zastava doesn't import the newer more advanced M21 version. Note the M21 designation on the magazine in the video linked above.

https://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/assault-rifle-m21/

Back in the early 2000s I think, a number of photos surfaced of security contractors in Iraq using M21s, which I thought was interesting at the time.

Feedback Score
    More those who don't know, the M90's were also sometime designated as M95's. Looking at the kits I had and searching the internet, I could never find a reason why some were designated M90 while others were designated M95. If the rifle was an underfolder, then there was an additional A at the end of the model. To my knowledge, all of the parts kits that were imported were the under folder version. Oddly, Centerfire Systems sold kits that didn't have the under folding stock. I purchased two of these to make in to fixed stock rifles. Every kit that I ever saw was demilled from a new rifle.

Additionally, the trigger guards that came with the kits were from 7.62x39 rifles. Therefore, they had to be modified for use. I chose to purchase virgin trigger guards instead. I had three kits built by Two Rivers Arms. One is an underfolder and two have fixed stocks.

Last edited by Bret; 01-26-21 at 19:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    More those who don't know, the M90's were also sometime designated as M95's. Looking at the kits I had and searching the internet, I could never find a reason why some were designated M90 while others were designated M95. If the rifle was an underfolder, then there was an additional A at the end of the model.
    Grenade launcher?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Cool info. I wish I could have bought one of those kits

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Grenade launcher?
    Nope. None of the kits imported had the grenade launcher sight, so that can't be it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast