Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zastava M90 5.56 AK

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wonder if the difference between the M90 and M95 might have been something that might not be evident in a parts kit, depending on how complete it was, like something specific to the receiver or fire control group. Maybe an extra “3 round burst” selector position or something? Maybe a side rail for optics?

Feedback Score
    You may be on to something, though it was definitely not the FCG because they were included. I wonder if there's a guru at Zastava USA who might know the answer.

BTW, the kits were in such nice condition that TRA only had to blue the receivers. Everything else was left with the original factory blued finish.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Back in the early 2000s Small Arms Review published an illustrated model guide to Zastava-made small arms. I don’t know if I still have the issue kicking around somewhere or not, or how complete its listing for the 5.56 variants was. I’ll have to look and see if I can find it. Maybe there would be some relevant info there.

EDIT: I found the article online and it doesn’t mention an M95 at all.
    http://www.smallarmsreview.com/displ...idarticles=170

There’s isn’t much on the internet about the M95 period that I can find.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 01-30-21 at 13:11.

Feedback Score
    I found the following on the AKfiles.com:
    https://www.akfiles.com/forums/threa....163295/page-2
    "The M95A was a special contract run that wasn't delivered that included a separate grenade sight instead of the attached one that was optional on the M90 and M90A. There was no fixed stock M95. The M90 and M90A production continued after the M95A run."

I have no way to verify this, but I have no way to verify half of what I know about AK's and the member has a solid reputation as being knowledgeable. It make sense given that no having the optional grenade sight would make it just like an M90 without a grenade sight.

Feedback Score
    I bought another M90 for my collection, so I figured this old thread would be a good place to show it off. This one was built in the Zastava factory and imported by Zastava Arms USA. The model number is M90 PS. The one I purchased came with a wood stock set, though most that are being sold come with Magpul stock sets. The cosmetic condition is great. Let's hope is shoots as good as it looks. Notice anything odd about it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I bought another M90 for my collection, so I figured this old thread would be a good place to show it off. This one was built in the Zastava factory and imported by Zastava Arms USA. The model number is M90 PS. The one I purchased came with a wood stock set, though most that are being sold come with Magpul stock sets. The cosmetic condition is great. Let's hope is shoots as good as it looks. Notice anything odd about it?
    Buy this for it: https://zastavaarmsusa.com/product/z...hing-required/

I'm not a big underfolder AK fan but this thing allows you to switch between the wooden buttstock and an underfolding one.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    That's a decent solution, but I already have an underfolding M95 that was built from a parts kit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post

Yes, either you’ve got a 7.62 mag in your 5.56 M90…..or you’ve got an M70 with an adjustable gas system and an 18” barrel.

Feedback Score
    An M70 with an adjustable gas system would be cool. It's just an M90 that was sent with the wrong magazine. Fortunately, the correct magazine arrived today. I'll shoot it to make sure that it runs reliably as it is right now. Assuming that it does, I'm going to change out the disconnector and hammer with US made ones. That will enable me to install a correct Yugo pistol grip and an original M90 flash hider.

For anyone who might want to know, I emailed Zastava USA regarding the US 922(r) compliance parts. As it arrived from them, the US parts are the slant muzzle brake, handguards, follower, floor plate, pistol grip and buttstock. I have to say that the quality of the US made stock set is excellent.
    Last edited by Bret; 03-03-23 at 09:31.

Feedback Score
    I was able to shoot it today and am very pleased with the results. I fired 68rds of IMI M193 55gr FMJ, 20rds of Tula 223Rem 55gr FMJ and 30rds of Norma Tactical 223 Rem 55gr FMJ. The IMI and Norma ran 100% with the gas on the #2 setting. The Tula short stroked 3 times out of 20 on the #2 setting, so the gas would need to be adjusted to the #3 setting if I were to run it again. I almost certainly won't as the spent brass cases didn't end up with the slightest ding in their sides or mouths. This is very unusual for an AK which typically trashes brass cases. The IMI short stroked almost every time when I set the gas to the #1 setting, so the #1 setting will be avoided. My guess is that #1 would only be appropriate when using a suppressor. The sights were spot on out of the box and the accuracy was great.
    Last edited by Bret; 03-04-23 at 19:39.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast