Thread: Illinois and Indiana restrictions

Feedback Score

Illinois and Indiana restrictions

Checking for some family members in Il and In.

Restriction on mags purchases? 30 rounders ok?

AR’s to buy OK?

In our Cook County specifically, for Illinois. We know about FOID cards.

I don’t think it matters for Indiana?

Just trying to get them to make some strategic purchases before it is too late. I thought both states were pretty open, but I’m looking online I thought I saw some shipping restrictions.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    No restrictions I am aware of for magazines or AR's in Indiana

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Check locally for firearm restrictions in IL. There is no statewide AWB or laws restricting magazine capacity. SBR are ok if you have a curio and relic license and jump through a bunch of hoops. No suppressors or full auto.

Crook county and some towns use local ordinances to enact gun control. These ordinances exist but are rarely enforced. The penalties usually include a fine and confiscation of firearm. The Cook County AWB allows for incarceration of up to 6 months. I am not aware of anyone ever getting locked up for this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Check locally for firearm restrictions in IL. There is no statewide AWB or laws restricting magazine capacity. SBR are ok if you have a curio and relic license and jump through a bunch of hoops. No suppressors or full auto.

Crook county and some towns use local ordinances to enact gun control. These ordinances exist but are rarely enforced. The penalties usually include a fine and confiscation of firearm. The Cook County AWB allows for incarceration of up to 6 months. I am not aware of anyone ever getting locked up for this.
    So no general Cook County limit on magazine capacity?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There is no state law (yet) in IL prohibiting high capacity magazines. Your family members could still get jammed up in Cook county if they possess them. The ordinance exists but is seldom enforced. It will likely become an issue if a prohibited weapon or magazine is used in self-defense.

https://triggerwise.blogspot.com/201...-cook.html?m=1
    Last edited by signal4l; 01-18-21 at 00:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anywhere in IN or outside Crook county and you’re gtg. I’m in Will county with most of my freedoms. Actually working on my first Form 1