Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MCX Rattler Upper Conversion Kit - any drawbacks?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I am using an ar lower now, but the MCX upper is wider and doesn’t look right, although it functions fine.
    Are you using the adapter with it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yes. The MCX upper is just wider than an AR lower. No issue function wise that I can tell

Feedback Score
    Do you have to use the 2 stage trigger with upper?

Feedback Score
    A standard Ar trigger doesn’t work. The rattler upper ships with the Sig match duo trigger.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A standard Ar trigger doesn’t work. The rattler upper ships with the Sig match duo trigger.
    The Sig match duo is a nice two stage trigger. I have a couple of mcx virtus rifles, and have found them good enough as to not need replacing with Geissele models (which I have in my AR's). I have an 11.5 mcx virtus SBR which uses the mcx lower, and a 16 mcx virtus running on a Centurion Arms lower. Yes, the mcx virtus upper is slightly wider than the AR lower, but it still runs perfectly.

As to whether a stock trigger will work, there is much debate and opinion about that. The hammer safety that Sig instituted with the mcx virtus supposedly requires a purpose designed trigger. However, I have had Sig CS tell me that a true mil-spec ar trigger will work. I have also read that if one removes the hammer safety a regular trigger works fine. I am using the hammer safeties for now with my Sig triggers without problems.

I really like the mcx virtus system. It is accurate, has light recoil, and the stock mounting system provides options not available to the regular AR rifle. Also, there are now plenty of accessories available for the mcx, and more coming seemingly everyday. Pretty much my favorite rifle for the time being.

Feedback Score
    I've got a Sig Rattler upper conversion kit on the way. From my extensive research, the MCX line is among the BEST options for the AR style platform currently available.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How has this worked out? Would appreciate your feedback.

Feedback Score
    Mine is working fine. No issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where have you seen mcx lowers?
    Within the past 7-10 days there was a lot of a dozen or so on gunbroker. Appear to be gone now.

Mine is working fine. No issues.
    Nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Took the plunge with reasonably priced Anderson lower and Rattler upper conversion kit. Will post progress.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in.

[edit] so assembly is in progress. Originally I planned on Eotech 552 with LBC2. Can't find LBC2 anywhere. Instant gratification kicked in, plus there was a sale on Sig MSR red dot + Juliet 3x magnifier, so I bit.

Now I need the tiniest water-resistant (10M) laser with NV compatibility. Any recommendations?

Thanks again
    Last edited by Flint_Ironstag; 03-10-21 at 21:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12