Thread: Zastava ZPAP92 and AKM Parts Compatibility

Feedback Score

Zastava ZPAP92 and AKM Parts Compatibility

Does anybody know if the extractor, extractor spring, firing pin, hammer spring, and recoil spring are interchangeable between the Zastava ZPAP92 and a standard AKM?

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure the bolts and other parts you listed are completely interchangeable. I used a M92 front trunnion with a Hungarian bolt and carrier for a build. Why do you ask?

Feedback Score
    Bret,
    To answer your question, I want to know if the spare parts I already have would work on my Zastava or if I needed additional spares.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    From what I’ve read the AKM parts you list will work in the Zastava.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMe View Post
    To answer your question, I want to know if the spare parts I already have would work on my Zastava or if I needed additional spares.
    Even though the parts should interchange, I'd suggest trying them out just to be sure. AK tolerances are not as tight as AR15 tolerances, especially if you're comparing parts from one country to those from another. At the least you'll educate yourself how to swap the parts.