Thread: Broken ACOG

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)

Broken ACOG

Have a trijicon ta47 that I've been using for a long time. Was out with it a few weeks ago & within the first three rounds the Amber triangle went black, as if the fiber optic element disconnected from something. Sent it in to trijicon & just received a message that it was out of warranty, obsolete, and unrepairable. Also stated they can neither repair or replace the illumination on the unit anymore. I understand it's out of warranty, but not why it cant be fixed if I'm willing to pay. Sucks. Just thought I'd give a heads up for fellow ta47 users

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by greene View Post
    I understand it's out of warranty, but not why it cant be fixed if I'm willing to pay.
    Time, money, effort, ROI.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    good to know. I have a ta31. I think they still make them. so a repair would be possible if needed.

how old (out of date) is your ta47 ?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Not sure of the date. It's old enough where I was told they no longer have the tooling to open the housing for repair.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It's still usable though, correct?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Yes. Just no illumination. No fiber optic & no tritium. Just a black triangle & post. They did just offer me a 30% discount on just about everything they offer. They would just keep the ta47

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd just keep the sight. If it's that old, it could go on a beater gun or something, and just be a day time use only thing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by greene View Post
    Yes. Just no illumination. No fiber optic & no tritium. Just a black triangle & post. They did just offer me a 30% discount on just about everything they offer. They would just keep the ta47
    Doesn't it have the markings ( is that the post you speak of) so isnt it more than just crosshairs, correct. And could shoot out to 500...600..?

If so, id keep it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Black triangle & post, no hash marks. Looks like the tr24 triangle reticle. I'm going to keep it. Was quoted just under $1,000 for a new one, that's with the 30% off. It'll do just fine on my son's m&p15-22