Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA. Support Or Not?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    GOA and FPC are the 2 that I favor, but am also a member of NAGR and the NRA just because.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    The NRA filed bankruptcy and are moving and reorganizing in Texas and Wayne is gone. Maybe we can get Col. Allen West to run the NRA now.
    That's about the best case scenario.
    At least Wayne has a stash of nice suits for his next job interview, but why do I guess Wayne would work for the DNC now if they gave him an interview.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I think it really depends on what happens in the coming months. Ole Wayne turned it into a personal money making scheme. Over the last few decades the organization has been more and more willing to sell us out. Why? Because it lets them use fear mongering to raise more money. They have even gone so far as to support gun control plans in some cases.

If they continue down the same path then giving them money is the same as burning it. If they actually change and show a willingness to fight for us then yeah they should be supported.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Where has anyone seen that Pepe Le Pew is out? Pretty sure that turd is gonna try to hang on until he manages to fully bring down the NRA around him. He ain't pro 2A, never has been. He's only pro "2 Me!!!"
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    the point is the entire board is acting like the NRA exists for them. Anyone who voted for wayne needs to go. Wayne's behavior, even if legal, destroyed a 100+ year old institution dedicated to preservation of rights. If he had resigned immediately, the NRA would have been able to effectively deal with multiple gun control issues in the past 2 years, like bump stock bans, etc.

Their attitude has been self serving for years. They don't support other gun rights groups like VCDL. Heck, they opposed the HELLER case.

As if that's not bad enough, their instructor and RO and shooting certifications are a total joke. Their competitions have been completely obscured by pretty much everything else from USPSA to PRS. Eddie Eagle has been shut out of most schools. they couldn't even get three of the four rules written correctly!

Is there ANYTHING they're not cocking up? maybe affiliate firearms insurance?

the sooner they disappear and are replaced by something effective, the better we will all be
    Last edited by taliv; 01-18-21 at 15:35.

Feedback Score
    FWIW. After my post I browsed around and joined the 2nd Ammendment Foundation. Not schilling for them, but I chose to send them some money.

Our 2A is gonna be on the line soon. I recommend giving to the group(s) of your choice.

ETA: long time life NRA donor, but not sure I'm willing to buy Wayne a new pair of boxers by upgrading to patron.
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 01-18-21 at 16:22.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lifetime member, so I'm in. Doesn't mean it isn't a horribly mismanaged organization that dug its own hole.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    the sooner they disappear and are replaced by something effective, the better we will all be
    It would be easier to rebuild from the inside, as would the Republican Party. But a replacement or rebuilding will take work and dedication, so I expect we will just complain on the internet, until we are no longe allowed on the internet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    the point is the entire board is acting like the NRA exists for them. Anyone who voted for wayne needs to go. Wayne's behavior, even if legal, destroyed a 100+ year old institution dedicated to preservation of rights. If he had resigned immediately, the NRA would have been able to effectively deal with multiple gun control issues in the past 2 years, like bump stock bans, etc.

Their attitude has been self serving for years. They don't support other gun rights groups like VCDL. Heck, they opposed the HELLER case.

As if that's not bad enough, their instructor and RO and shooting certifications are a total joke. Their competitions have been completely obscured by pretty much everything else from USPSA to PRS. Eddie Eagle has been shut out of most schools. they couldn't even get three of the four rules written correctly!

Is there ANYTHING they're not cocking up? maybe affiliate firearms insurance?

Sadly this. Politicians used to fear the nra, now they’re leftist joke.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    It would be easier to rebuild from the inside, as would the Republican Party. But a replacement or rebuilding will take work and dedication, so I expect we will just complain on the internet, until we are no longer allowed on the internet.
    And if anything, this is why I have stuck by the NRA.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast