Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giant attacks SF team in Kandahar

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    My old eyes read that headline as, "San Fransisco (SF) Giants attack Kandahar" at first glance.

My kid brother was stationed there with the USAF in '05-'06. He's 6' 8". Maybe they just saw him OUT of the Green Zone one day!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had "vacations" to Afghanistan on and off for the last ten years. The "Kandahar giant" story has been floating around for as long as I can remember. I personally think it's one of those 10% truth things--I wouldn't be surprised if some plus sized, drugged up Taliban guy took a lot of shots to take down, but beyond that I'm skeptical.

A lot of the stuff that the SOF was doing in the early days of the war was a lot less transparent then that it was now. Early on in the GWOT the SOF community didn't necessarily play well with others, and one of the funnier unintended consequences was all the hilarious rumors that came out of that--I chalk this story up to that.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Which SCP is this?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    My old eyes read that headline as, "San Fransisco (SF) Giants attack Kandahar" at first glance.

My kid brother was stationed there with the USAF in '05-'06. He's 6' 8". Maybe they just saw him OUT of the Green Zone one day!
    LOL, I also had to read it a couple times.

Feedback Score
    this is what happens when people accidentally deploy their magnifier in front of their aimpoint/eotech

Feedback Score
    I got into the whole giants walk the earth thing and there is lot of stories/photos out there that lend credibility to it down through history.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    I’ve heard tell from some nice gentlemen about zombies in the interior of Haiti. And after my one encounter with a shaman, I believe them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The Hattian zombie is basically the victim of a chemical lobotomy. In Voodoo religion, it's considered bad juju to kill anyone, including even people who have done terrible things, like commit murder. So in the absence of a death penalty, they came up with a concoction of naturally occurring poisons that didn't kill the person, but somehow chemically lobotomized them, rendering them incapable of committing more murders.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Sort of.

For those that might care, one of the kin of the world’s most well-known giant, Goliath, is recorded as having six finger and toes per appendage. This was included in the stories about David, his relatives, and soldiers taking care of bidniss AKA killing off the rest of the family. This is where Christian fiction gets the idea.

Separate from this specific video’s narrative, anyone interested in why this is a uniquely Judeo-Christian story should read Unseen Realm by Michael Heiser. Fascinating stuff. Or, Supernatural is the less technical book covering the same material.
    It's not just in the Bible. There are common themes in giant lore that repeat themselves all over the world, and polydactylism is probably the most prevalent. There seems to be some truth to it:

giants.jpg

The skeleton in that photo is 8-9 feet tall, and it suffered from polydactylism. It was found by Ralph Glidden off the coast of California on an island that was the legendary home of a race of giants in the stories of the indigenous people there.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Formost.... did any entire infantry squads just straight up vanish in Afghanistan? Ive heard of individuals go missing but an entire squad...

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    How many years has this story been around, ten, twelve? It has been debunked over and over. Bible-babble keeps it alive in some circles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast