Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giant attacks SF team in Kandahar

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    Formost.... did any entire infantry squads just straight up vanish in Afghanistan? Ive heard of individuals go missing but an entire squad...

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    No clue, according to the sources, whole thing was dropped into a need-2-know-it-never-happened-sign-these-ND's hole. Sounds rather far fetched obviously if not for a few with the creds who claim to have been there/talked directly with someone who was there, didn't exist.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    How many years has this story been around, ten, twelve? It has been debunked over and over. Bible-babble keeps it alive in some circles.
    Debunked by whom? Denial by the mil is not debunked...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    Formost.... did any entire infantry squads just straight up vanish in Afghanistan? Ive heard of individuals go missing but an entire squad...
    I was wondering that too. I know the Green Berets are some bad ass dudes, but the orange haired, wall climbing, spear chucking giant was able to take down an entire squad of armed soldiers and then dismantle their gear and their bodies?
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    It's not just in the Bible. There are common themes in giant lore that repeat themselves all over the world, and polydactylism is probably the most prevalent. There seems to be some truth to it:

Attachment 64938

The skeleton in that photo is 8-9 feet tall, and it suffered from polydactylism. It was found by Ralph Glidden off the coast of California on an island that was the legendary home of a race of giants in the stories of the indigenous people there.
    I've read about this race of giant "Indians" in multiple non-fiction books on the history of Catalina Island. Apparently the fur trappers after otter pelts, and the Inuits that they hired to help them killed these island giants off. When I get home I'll pull out my books and see if I can find the specifics.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    I was wondering that too. I know the Green Berets are some bad ass dudes, but the orange haired, wall climbing, spear chucking giant was able to take down an entire squad of armed soldiers and then dismantle their gear and their bodies?
    Bone Tomahawk?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Bone Tomahawk?
    Better get you a Merwin and Hulbert revolver in that case.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    what is interesting is stories that carried through from 100s and thousands of years ago even cave paintings etc...
    Giants and little people stand out in culture often has the stories lore paintings and so on to backup something ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    I've read about this race of giant "Indians" in multiple non-fiction books on the history of Catalina Island. Apparently the fur trappers after otter pelts, and the Inuits that they hired to help them killed these island giants off. When I get home I'll pull out my books and see if I can find the specifics.
    The Native American giant legends are myriad, and span the entire continent. Which is interesting, because you have specific parallels between different tribes separated by language and thousands of miles, in an era before the horse was brought by the Spanish.

If the Kandahar story is fabricated, whoever did the fabrication knew a lot about giant lore and was very careful to get the details right. Which certainly isn't out of the question, it would just be rather unusual. Either it would require conspiracy between the eye witnesses or all of the eye witnesses would have to independently add specific details to the rumor that jive with known giant lore. That's not usually how these things get started, though. Normally one person starts a rumor, and then it gets spread around and details get added. The odds of those details being added being correct are slim to none. I mean, how many soldiers are intimately familiar with Native American mythology about giants? Not even very many Native Americans themselves know about it, and anthropologists have zero interest for those stories. The only people who still care are the tribal storytellers, and basically hardly anyone ever takes any interest in their old oral traditions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    No clue, according to the sources, whole thing was dropped into a need-2-know-it-never-happened-sign-these-ND's hole. Sounds rather far fetched obviously if not for a few with the creds who claim to have been there/talked directly with someone who was there, didn't exist.
    It's been a while since I heard the story, but didn't it involve private security contractors?

Feedback Score
    https://youtu.be/sVmOnwng6gs

Cool video at 16 and change. The afg incident is discussed at the end

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234