Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Strangest thing you have seen but can't explain..

Feedback Score
    Mira Sorvino with Quentin Tarantino....
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 01-21-21 at 01:20.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    So I'm 55 now and my one and only "supernatural" encounter occurred when I was 16 or 17. I was still hunting a heavily wooded draw that opens up to a river bottom several miles from my house. I'd hunted this draw several times before with friends and always saw lots of game. One time we even got to watch a family of bobcats walking one of the ridges above and if you've ever heard them scream, they can be pretty spooky (sounds like a screaming woman or baby).

Anyway, I'm about halfway down the draw and perplexed because I haven't seen anything at all. Then it dawns on me that I haven't even seen any birds, which is really odd. A heavy dew overnight means I'm barely making any sound on the mostly decomposed leaves under foot, so I know it's not me scaring things off. At that point I had a solid decade of experience under my belt. I was bringing home small game with bow and arrow by age 6 and started solo deer hunting at 10. So it wasn't like I didn't know what I was doing. I'd become quite efficient at stalking and killing all kinds of game by then.

Anyway, I keep going and about 10 minutes later things get quiet. I mean really quiet, like not even a breath of wind and literally nothing stirring, at all. That's when all the hair on my arms and the back of my neck stood up as hard as they've ever been in my life. I had this sudden, undeniable sense of evil in my presence. I went from silent killer to nervous prey like flipping a switch. I'm scanning the woods all around me looking for any movement at all and there isn't any. I'm trying to keep my cool and continue moving down the game trail towards the end of the draw, slowly scanning all around me as I go. Nothing. That sense of dread just kept building and I legit ran flat-out the last 100 yards to the clearing. As soon as I broke the treeline the dread went away like it never happened.

Now I'd like to chalk it up to a moment of overactive imagination, but I've solo hunted may more days since then and have never felt like that again. All my years globetrotting and stalking through the night in the military, and nothing like this has ever happened before or since. It just doesn't bother me to be all by myself in the woods, I love it as a matter of fact. But I never hunted that draw again and have no desire to go back there. Ever. Even driving by the side road that leads down to it still gives me a shudder to this day.
    In the woods or in the city, I tell my kids that the erie feeling you get, and the hair standing up on your neck is millions of years of evolution working in your favor. Pay attention, break pattern and I don’t care whose feelings you hurt or if you look funny...

I posted in the ufo thread about what I saw on the deck over scrub land in the SW from a commercial flight. One of those ‘tic tacs’ before anyone talked about them.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I just watched this..wow. I think what may interest you the most starts about 1:12:00 or so. Let us know what you think.
    Finally got to sit down and watch Missing 411: The Hunted. Really intriguing documentary, not sure how I feel about it all. There is certainly some abnormalities to all of it. Nothing like I have ever experienced. The part that really caught my attention, and freaked my wife out was the Lima Ohio Location. Lima is about 2 hours west of Akron. Hits a little close to home.

I'm not a believer in ghosts and aliens, and bigfoot, but certainly see the mounting evidence for something we don't yet understand out there.

There is a couple more shows from the same author I intend to watch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    In the woods or in the city, I tell my kids that the erie feeling you get, and the hair standing up on your neck is millions of years of evolution working in your favor. Pay attention, break pattern and I don’t care whose feelings you hurt or if you look funny...
    That has kept me alive on a number of occasions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I swear I saw a robed goblin when I was about 15. It crossed the street from one house to another. The community was quite heavy with practitioners/believers of Santería and Brujeria. I've analyzed it thousands of times in my head and have logical explanation for what my eyes saw at a range of about 50 yards.

And I am sure I saw a UFO. It was too slow and low to be an airplane, and didn't resemble a Helicopter.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    I remember riding in the back of the family station wagon on a pitch black summer night in the early 70's, I was maybe 12 years old. Above the horizon was an elliptical shaped light that appeared to be hovering. Suddenly it turned and shot up at about a 45 degree angle so quickly that it was like a streak of light, then it was gone.

I'm 60 years old and still wonder WTF I saw that night...

I had the exact same experience when I was 13 or 14. Had a friend staying over. We both saw it and remarked how strange it was.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by landrvrnut22 View Post
    Not seen, but heard/felt.

I have been backpacking since I was 8 years old. May of this year, I got my son started backpacking, the same trail I did as my first, Morrison loop in Allegheny National Forest, PA. We drove up on Saturday morning, and hit the trail. Hiked in about 2 miles, and found a spot to camp for the night. Setup camp, had dinner, then retreated to the tent to play UNO. It started raining about 10pm.

I was woken up about midnight to a strange sound. Sounded like drum beats for about 5 seconds, stopped. More beats, stopped. This went on for several minutes, getting more intense each time. Suddenly, it got stronger, and faster, I began to feel the beats through my inflatable sleeping pad, getting closer and closer. It sounded and felt like it was just outside the tent, then just stopped.

The next morning, there was no tracks, no markings, nothing disturbed. My son slept through it.

As I sit here typing this, chills run up my spine. No clue what it was, and I have been backpacking 30 years.
    Two possible explanations for this one.

- Squatch
    - Shrooms

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234