Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strangest thing you have seen but can't explain..

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Ain’t that the truth! And can’t explain it to anyone unless they’ve experienced it. I am religious and I do believe in the supernatural and that there is evil in this planet but, sometimes I wonder if it wasn’t my mind playing tricks on me. Like when I was a kid and went deer hunting after watching the first Jurassic Park. Every little bird was a velociraptor coming to devour me. And then sometimes I think our inner bodies and subconscious knows things our modern developed minds don’t.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Strangest thing I've ever seen and can't explain?

My wife saying "Yeah, after thinking about it you were right and I shouldn't have argued."
    Talk about a tall tale!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have seen anything supernatural but I have had A LOT of precognition experiences. Enough to where I personally think there is something to it. However, I still acknowledge it could be selective recall, etc. Of course, it is never anything awesome like a lottery number or when to save a gorgeous and appreciative damsel from being killed.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    So I'm 55 now and my one and only "supernatural" encounter occurred when I was 16 or 17. I was still hunting a heavily wooded draw that opens up to a river bottom several miles from my house. I'd hunted this draw several times before with friends and always saw lots of game. One time we even got to watch a family of bobcats walking one of the ridges above and if you've ever heard them scream, they can be pretty spooky (sounds like a screaming woman or baby).

Anyway, I'm about halfway down the draw and perplexed because I haven't seen anything at all. Then it dawns on me that I haven't even seen any birds, which is really odd. A heavy dew overnight means I'm barely making any sound on the mostly decomposed leaves under foot, so I know it's not me scaring things off. At that point I had a solid decade of experience under my belt. I was bringing home small game with bow and arrow by age 6 and started solo deer hunting at 10. So it wasn't like I didn't know what I was doing. I'd become quite efficient at stalking and killing all kinds of game by then.

Anyway, I keep going and about 10 minutes later things get quiet. I mean really quiet, like not even a breath of wind and literally nothing stirring, at all. That's when all the hair on my arms and the back of my neck stood up as hard as they've ever been in my life. I had this sudden, undeniable sense of evil in my presence. I went from silent killer to nervous prey like flipping a switch. I'm scanning the woods all around me looking for any movement at all and there isn't any. I'm trying to keep my cool and continue moving down the game trail towards the end of the draw, slowly scanning all around me as I go. Nothing. That sense of dread just kept building and I legit ran flat-out the last 100 yards to the clearing. As soon as I broke the treeline the dread went away like it never happened.

Now I'd like to chalk it up to a moment of overactive imagination, but I've solo hunted may more days since then and have never felt like that again. All my years globetrotting and stalking through the night in the military, and nothing like this has ever happened before or since. It just doesn't bother me to be all by myself in the woods, I love it as a matter of fact. But I never hunted that draw again and have no desire to go back there. Ever. Even driving by the side road that leads down to it still gives me a shudder to this day.
    Anyone who is a woodsman, who like you say..belongs in the woods, is in tune with their surroundings, even if unaware. SOMETHING that day set you off..starting with everything going quiet.
    Ive always said, Im just as "at home" in the woods as sitting on the couch...and when youve hunted and walked and poked around the woods like that, you are no different than the animals, in terms of awareness, just not as gifted as they are with our senses of smell, hearing & sight.
    I agree with you 100%- youve got no business ever going back there, just like Ill never return to the old house in my story.
    Also- yes, animal sounds will freak you the heck out sometimes. Ive heard bobcats scream, and foxes bark..itll raise the shorthairs for sure. I was crow calling once, on my backsteps, and had called a few into my back yard. For several minutes, and Ive heard crows all my life..those crows were "talking" in a low, gutteral sound, back & forth, making sounds Ive never heard before or since. Id give anything to have a recording of it. I didnt even shoot anymore because I didnt want them to stop. Almost like they were saying "Hey man, was that you hollering"? "Nope, wasnt me, thought it was you". "Well, who then? I heard somebody say come hear.". Was truly freaky.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Anyone who is a woodsman, who like you say..belongs in the woods, is in tune with their surroundings, even if unaware. SOMETHING that day set you off..starting with everything going quiet.
    Ive always said, Im just as "at home" in the woods as sitting on the couch...and when youve hunted and walked and poked around the woods like that, you are no different than the animals, in terms of awareness, just not as gifted as they are with our senses of smell, hearing & sight.
    I agree with you 100%- youve got no business ever going back there, just like Ill never return to the old house in my story.
    Also- yes, animal sounds will freak you the heck out sometimes. Ive heard bobcats scream, and foxes bark..itll raise the shorthairs for sure. I was crow calling once, on my backsteps, and had called a few into my back yard. For several minutes, and Ive heard crows all my life..those crows were "talking" in a low, gutteral sound, back & forth, making sounds Ive never heard before or since. Id give anything to have a recording of it. I didnt even shoot anymore because I didnt want them to stop. Almost like they were saying "Hey man, was that you hollering"? "Nope, wasnt me, thought it was you". "Well, who then? I heard somebody say come hear.". Was truly freaky.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I’ve lost count of the times everything would go quiet and invariably a predator like a bobcat, yote or even a big hawk would show up shortly thereafter, but this one time was completely different. It was like the entire woods knew here was a much higher order predator around. Gave me the heeby jeebies!
    Last edited by glocktogo; 01-19-21 at 21:59.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    I remember riding in the back of the family station wagon on a pitch black summer night in the early 70's, I was maybe 12 years old. Above the horizon was an elliptical shaped light that appeared to be hovering. Suddenly it turned and shot up at about a 45 degree angle so quickly that it was like a streak of light, then it was gone.

I'm 60 years old and still wonder WTF I saw that night...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That an election could be stolen, in plain sight, with MASSIVELY obvious fraud at so many levels, in the most powerful and advanced nation on Earth.

Seriously. That is one of the strangest things I've seen in my sojourn upon this world.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    I remember riding in the back of the family station wagon on a pitch black summer night in the early 70's, I was maybe 12 years old. Above the horizon was an elliptical shaped light that appeared to be hovering. Suddenly it turned and shot up at about a 45 degree angle so quickly that it was like a streak of light, then it was gone.

swamp gas
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post

Back in the early 90s my parents sent me to one of those stay over camps or whatever they're called. This was up in Monticello NY. Heavily wooded areas with small farms here and there. Very old, very rural with a small town near by. The camp ground was an old bungalow colony that was basically a resort that was built around an old farmhouse back in the 20s for well to do New Yorkers to spend their summers in. It was a cool place for a kid to go in the woods exploring.

Anyway. One night I'm laying in bed and can't sleep. My bed faced the window so I was just starring into the darkness trying to fall asleep. This place didn't have street lamps or anything, just natural moonlight. Suddenly everything goes bright outside.....very bright like can't see anything bright. The light slowly gets less intense and I can see everything outside lit up from above..... directly above. The whole colony was as bright as day and the light didn't move like it would have if it was a search light. There was no noise, no sound, no movement, no wind. I remember thinking that in movies helicopters make noise and wind. Even if it was a helicopter high enough not to be heard or felt there is no way a spot light can light up an arena the size of several city blocks like it was daylight and start off so intense that everything was washed out white. I mean I could see the other buildings across the field. Then it suddenly just turned off...poof! Like it was never there. Must have lasted 30 seconds to a min. I asked kids in the morning if anyone saw anything and nope, everyone was asleep. Not only that no one was even talking about it.

The strangest thing ever

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Back in the early 90s my parents sent me to one of those stay over camps or whatever they're called. This was up in Monticello NY. Heavily wooded areas with small farms here and there. Very old, very rural with a small town near by. The camp ground was an old bungalow colony that was basically a resort that was built around an old farmhouse back in the 20s for well to do New Yorkers to spend their summers in. It was a cool place for a kid to go in the woods exploring.

Anyway. One night I'm laying in bed and can't sleep. My bed faced the window so I was just starring into the darkness trying to fall asleep. This place didn't have street lamps or anything, just natural moonlight. Suddenly everything goes bright outside.....very bright like can't see anything bright. The light slowly gets less intense and I can see everything outside lit up from above..... directly above. The whole colony was as bright as day and the light didn't move like it would have if it was a search light. There was no noise, no sound, no movement, no wind. I remember thinking that in movies helicopters make noise and wind. Even if it was a helicopter high enough not to be heard or felt there is no way a spot light can light up an arena the size of several city blocks like it was daylight and start off so intense that everything was washed out white. I mean I could see the other buildings across the field. Then it suddenly just turned off...poof! Like it was never there. Must have lasted 30 seconds to a min. I asked kids in the morning if anyone saw anything and nope, everyone was asleep. Not only that no one was even talking about it.

The strangest thing ever

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I had something similar happen to me as a kid, woke up in the middle of the night and saw a bright light shining straight down into the woods on my neighbor’s property, we lived out in the boondocks, my parents’ house is about 450 feet from the road and our neighbor’s is almost twice as far from the road. The light was about the size of a helicopter spot light but like you, no noise whatsoever. Very strange.

Another strange event I experienced was again as a kid, middle school age I’d say. I was standing outside of my bedroom in the driveway staring out into the backyard and the woods, kind of spaced out for a bit. I ran my hand across my other arm and felt something under the skin of the wrist near the pinky finger. My neighbor was a paramedic with the fire department so I went over to his house to have him look at it. He used a scalpel to cut the skin open and used a pair of tweezers to pull it out, it was difficult for him to remove it though as it was almost like it glued to the skin around it, it was hollow as well. I have no idea what it was, I almost fainted as he was pulling it out and I felt my skin being pulled with it.

I have no scar or any other mark from it and I know whatever it wasn’t there before I zoned out standing there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast