Thread: FN 15 Tactical II?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

FN 15 Tactical II?

By neighbor has put off buying his first AR for almost 2 years. He has missed out on a few restocks of BCMs in the past week or so and now he’s feeling the pinch. Most of the ARs in stock my local area are POS, but one of gun stores has an FN 15 Tactical II in stock.

I’ve read the older reviews of the FN here, and it appears to be a somewhat quality gun. I’m curious if anyone has either recent and long term reports on the FN rifles.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't have one. but with FN's history I would expect the FN 15 Tactical II to be a quality rifle.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    By neighbor has put off buying his first AR for almost 2 years. He has missed out on a few restocks of BCMs in the past week or so and now he’s feeling the pinch. Most of the ARs in stock my local area are POS, but one of gun stores has an FN 15 Tactical II in stock.

I’ve read the older reviews of the FN here, and it appears to be a somewhat quality gun. I’m curious if anyone has either recent and long term reports on the FN rifles.
    They're very well made guns. As far as the guts go everything is mil-spec other than the H buffer (it could use an H2 or H3.) The barrel is a 16" gov profile mid-length CHF, and the only thing to complain about is it's a little overgassed. I checked one in 2018 with a pin gauge and the gas port measured .081 (+ .0002 pin). By comparison Colt spec'd their 6960's at .071, DD was at .073 last time I had one in hand, and BCM, Sionics, and Centurion use .076. The handguard is a Hodge/Mega style wedgelock and is better than the Midwest Industries handguards FN used to install on the Tac I's. I sold a lot of these from 2016-2018 when they were relatively inexpensive and haven't had anyone come back to say they were having problems.
    Last edited by Leonidas24; 01-19-21 at 00:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    They're very well made guns. As far as the guts go everything is mil-spec other than the H buffer (it could use an H2 or H3.) The barrel is a 16" gov profile mid-length CHF, and the only thing to complain about is it's a little overgassed. I checked one in 2018 with a pin gauge and the gas port measured .081 (+ .0002 pin). By comparison Colt spec'd their 6960's at .071, DD was at .073 last time I had one in hand, and BCM, Sionics, and Centurion use .076. The handguard is a Hodge/Mega style wedgelock and is better than the Midwest Industries handguards FN used to install on the Tac I's. I sold a lot of these from 2016-2018 when they were relatively inexpensive and haven't had anyone come back to say they were having problems.
    I had the I and the II, both are outstanding platforms and will serve you well. Regret selling to be honest.