Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense factory lube

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Another cheap option that’ll work is drug store mineral oil. Or you can use pretty much whatever looks slippery to any degree from the auto store or home improvement store. You don’t need much. Pretty much anything’ll work for a few hundred rounds. Including doing nothing, probably. I would only really sweat it if it were covered in that sticky/tacky stuff that Berettas come with. Don’t worry about buying solvents; just wipe whatever off with a rag or paper towel. Doesn’t have to be immaculate.

If Fiocchi 55gr .223 were available locally for a good price, I’d be shooting lots of it. I’ve not had any problems from the little I’ve shot.

Congrats on the new rifle. Welcome to the forum.
    Don’t get wrapped up about oil.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Best lube for AR?

Pretty sure this one started out at a joke ... Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Daniel Defense factory lube

OP, just order some Slip2000 from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Slip2000-6032...1029726&sr=8-3

Congrats on the DD V9, excellent choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nightstalker865; 01-18-21 at 22:20.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    OP, just order some Slip2000 from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Slip2000-6032...1029726&sr=8-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He already ordered CLP.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just got into a Colt 6920, coated fairly heavily with preservative. I hosed it down with brake cleaner, and lightly oiled all the steel, i.e., FCG, BCG, Lower end plate...etc. I used 3in1 oil, and some wheel bearing grease on the BCG. Got it zeroed over the weekend.

I would recommend the same. The preservative will most likely just make it that more difficult to clean, if it isn't removed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ta0117 View Post
    What kind of lubrication does DD have when shipped from the factory? Just picked up a DDM4 V9, my first AR, but don't have any lube on hand since the shop was out of stock, and wonder if it's advisable to shoot right out of the box, maybe 50-100 rounds. Would that have any undue wear and tear? It's not really wet but it's not entirely dry either.
    inspect and clean. I never lube a firearm until around the 1k mark. Lube can mask many many problems with an AR. The AR should work very lube. Mobil 1 is all you will ever need

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    inspect and clean. I never lube a firearm until around the 1k mark. Lube can mask many many problems with an AR. The AR should work very lube. Mobil 1 is all you will ever need
    Lube can mask many many problems with an AR? That is the opposite of everything I’ve ever heard or read concerning lubrication on the AR15. To the OP... when I get any new firearm I field strip, clean and lube properly. Some guns come dry, some dripping with oil, and some have a grease like substance in them. I like to know what I’ve got.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Lube can mask many many problems with an AR? That is the opposite of everything I’ve ever heard or read concerning lubrication on the AR15. To the OP... when I get any new firearm I field strip, clean and lube properly. Some guns come dry, some dripping with oil, and some have a grease like substance in them. I like to know what I’ve got.
    Yup! Most of what you heard is probably wrong, its the internet after all. Lol

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I don’t know what brand lubricant DD uses. Having just picked up a DDM4 V11, the only thing I did was patched the barrel and went to the range. There was enough lubricant on the rifle that I had no worries shooting as is, right from the box.
    Last edited by davidjinks; 01-20-21 at 06:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    Yup! Most of what you heard is probably wrong, its the internet after all. Lol
    LOL! I’m communicating right now via the internet.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Why use lubrication at all? If it’ll run while dry for 1000 rounds,then it should run for 5000 rounds.

After 5000 rounds, consider the barrel worn out, so just replace the upper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast