Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using fitness trackers like Fitbit?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone using fitness trackers like Fitbit?

I'm looking for a fitness tracker that doesn't require subscription, email account, ..... basically one that doesn't need to have a privacy policy. Like an old fashioned watch, that just tells time!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I use a polar h10 heart rate monitor. So I use the polar app to keep track of all of the info. Also use myfitnesspal that I can log what exercises I use.

What is your goal and wants for the fitness app that you are looking for?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
    I use a polar h10 heart rate monitor. So I use the polar app to keep track of all of the info. Also use myfitnesspal that I can log what exercises I use.

What is your goal and wants for the fitness app that you are looking for?
    What I want is something that tells me how much I've moved/calories burned. Including exercise and steps. Ideally without apps. Like a stand alone smart watch. I'm not interested in joining communities and what not, I just want to be able to track my physical activity. Or if there is an app it's one that doesn't need tracking permission

Currently I use only my treadmill and Lose It app for logging in calories. The treadmill displays calories burned depending on the speed and incline. I then look it up on the Lose It app and select the incline, speed and time to coincide with what the treadmill showed. I don't know how close to correct that is. However, if doing weights of any kind or any other physical activity you can still log it and select time and effort and it gives calories burned but I don't know how wild of a guestimate that is.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 01-19-21 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    You are literally doing basically what I am doing. I have not found any other way to accomplish it. I do know that the polar h10 heart rate monitor is the most accurate for how many calories you burn. I wanted the most basic way to accomplish this. I only log my cardio and not my weight lifting. Weightlifting does not burn that many calories to justify (for me) to log. I just use my phone with the polar app and log in with my Android account.

I use my h10 for cycling and hiking. Forget that I have it on. You can start the app then leave your phone in another location. When you get done it will reconnect to your phone and upload your information.

Feedback Score
    You may be able to still use a Fitbit and just never sync it up to the app. It should give you all the features you’re looking for.

I personally enjoyed the regular free Fitbit app. Did a lot and didn’t cost anything additional.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    You may be able to still use a Fitbit and just never sync it up to the app. It should give you all the features you’re looking for.

I personally enjoyed the regular free Fitbit app. Did a lot and didn’t cost anything additional.
    I have a Garmin Fenix 5 and I enjoy its simplicity. Its been great for tracking my swim workouts, although it is not accurate for distance or stroke count when doing anything other than forward crawl. I also use it for MTB rides. You can synch with Strava or other work out cycling/running apps. Synch it with the Garmin app and it tells you all about your day- HR, (estimated) stress level, work out history, steps taken, calories burned, sleep patterns, hydration (you have to manually enter that) etc. Free to use, no spam buzzing to the device or to your phone.

Overall I enjoy it, but I am not a hard core triathlete or marathon runner in training. Just a regular guy trying to stay active as possible, so having this track my activities is a nice tool.

Feedback Score
    I have a fitbit charge 3. There is an app, but if you never connect it you can stil get a good bit of the data on the tracker itself. Especially the stuff you mentioned wanting to see.

I like the app and dont care if it tracks. It is a good tool. I shoot for a certain level of "active time" and steps everday. I also log all my weight and cardio workouts as well as my weight weekly. It is nice everything is in one place.

I bought the charge 3 to see how much i would use and will be getting the Versa or sense soon.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    In years past I used a Polar chest worn heart rate monitor and found it useful when doing interval training. I was given a Fitbit and don't use it because I can't find where it gives me any useful information during a workout and what information it gives tend to be inaccurate. In my opinion the chest worn HR monitor is the way to go. Snap Fitness has one that connects to their system and records your workout and you can look at it on an app. I would definitely go with a chest mounted heart rate detector rather than a on the wrist, they are much more accurate and responsive to changes.

Feedback Score
    Your Chinese minders really appreciate you FitBitting...
    Not being connected is better than not, but suggest a questioning attitude.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The Garmins are a good choice and have a wide variety of what they will track/trend. If you are an Apple fan, the AppleWatch-6 does a lot of tracking that tracks/trends on the watch itself and the associated app on your phone.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast