Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Orwell know, or just coincidence?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    The vision for 1984 wasn't just commentary on past events. It was prophecy about the future of western civilization.
    ANY student of history, KNOWS what happens to EVERY society & gummint over time.

The problem is... finding STUDENTS of history; and NOT, 'REVISIONISTS' of history.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevslatvin View Post
    I guess I found it amazing how close some of their speech mimics things from the book. I guess since Stalin/The Soviet union was the source material and the far left seems to use that and communism in general as their playbook it shouldn't come as a surprise.
    Don't forget that our present day Bolsheviks will get it right this time. They are smarter, wiser, and prettier. They're actually too stupid and evil to understand that Marxism makes fundamentally erroneous assumptions about human nature and history. They are insane, but that won't stop them on their way to heaven on earth.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well, yeah I think Orwell 'knew', given the events he grew up in and was involved personally with.
    The best way I think I've heard him described is "a communist who lived long enough to learn wisdom".

P.S. Don't get me wrong I don't support white Supremacy at all but how does she define who is a white supremacist. Is it as simple as " voted for Trump" or "attended a Trump rally" or actually looking for real evidence of one's involvement in a real white supremacist organization. Seems like a very slippery slope.
    If you can't even define what a WS org might be, and are sure that the gov can't either, than why even make the statement?
    Because by both admissions, it's all bullshit; what exactly IS a 'real' WS org these days anyway? The media can't even find one to point out for their approved 24/7 two minute hate, and we all know how they love to pin all their ire on on person/group/item/etc.
    Stop accepting and regurgitating the rote "apology-line" brainwashing into legitimacy.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    White is traditional commie speech for reactionaries.

They’ve conveniently lumped all anti commies into the white supremacist camp.

For example:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-yo...emacist-groups

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    ANY student of history, KNOWS what happens to EVERY society & gummint over time.

The problem is... finding STUDENTS of history; and NOT, 'REVISIONISTS' of history.
    Exactly.

Even if you are Atheist, go pick up a Bible sometime. Even if you think it is nothing but a work of pure fiction, what do the stories in it it tell you? That governments, tax, kill and enslave people. That people are shitty and lie, cheat, steal, murder for power and to advance other self interests etc....and that NOTHING ABOUT ANY OF THAT HAS CHANGED in well over 2000 years. It doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to figure out where it ends- because it always ends the same place. The only tricky part is knowing where you are relative to the "ending".
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post
    White is traditional commie speech for reactionaries.

They’ve conveniently lumped all anti commies into the white supremacist camp.

For example:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-yo...emacist-groups
    Ain't that the truth. Black white supremist, Latino WS, Asian WS...anyone who is even remotely conservative...is...a...WS. I'm an old white Christian, hetero male, I'm at the top of the most hated WS category... just awesome.

Feedback Score
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/ex-mi...O1uEfiYj-w23vo

Retired Air Force Moe Davis is calling for a domestic war on "sedition" by American terrorist. If you are or were a Trump supporter or a conservative that doesn't roll on your back I am assuming you are a terrorist in his eyes.

Retired Air Force Colonel Moe Davis, a failed Democrat congressional candidate, wrote an inflammatory tweet targeting Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC), whom he lost to in November, saying that it was time to “start a domestic war” on “American terrorists.”

Davis’ tweet comes after Cawthorn, who is confined to a wheelchair, participated in a January 6 rally for President Donald Trump in Washington, D.C., for which Cawthorn received a fair amount of criticism.

“I was Chief Prosecutor at Guantanamo for over 2 years and there’s far more evidence of Congressman Madison Cawthorn’s guilt than there was of guilt for 95+ percent of the detainees,” Davis wrote. “It’s time we start a domestic war on sedition by American terrorists.”
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Saul "The Red" Alinsky was born in 1909, and his vision is used as a playbook by Progressives today. Rule #13 in Rules for Radicals:

13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions".
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    If you can't even define what a WS org might be, and are sure that the gov can't either, than why even make the statement?
    Because by both admissions, it's all bullshit; what exactly IS a 'real' WS org these days anyway? The media can't even find one to point out for their approved 24/7 two minute hate, and we all know how they love to pin all their ire on on person/group/item/etc.
    Stop accepting and regurgitating the rote "apology-line" brainwashing into legitimacy.
    I didn't mean I can't define what a WS org. might be, more is she or the gov going to define it as anyone who's views disagree with theirs. Does the KKK or Aryan Nation still exist or have they went the way of the dodo. Nobody ever mentions them. Maybe true WS organizations are a thing of the past.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I didn't mean I can't define what a WS org. might be, more is she or the gov going to define it as anyone who's views disagree with theirs. Does the KKK or Aryan Nation still exist or have they went the way of the dodo. Nobody ever mentions them. Maybe true WS organizations are a thing of the past.
    The modern day Dem doesn't care about those old "reactionary" "counterrevolutionary" labels. If you are white, you're a WS, if you agree with "white" ideas, you're WS. 65% of the country is one big WS org. And when the left starts eating their own for a lack of ideological purity (like they always have), if we're still alive, we'll be surprised who all is a WS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast