Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Splitting Washington State into two states?

Feedback Score

Splitting Washington State into two states?

Call me skeptical. How do our Washington brethren feel about this?

"OLYMPIA -- Two lawmakers in Olympia have introduced a new bill that would create the 51st state by splitting Washington into two separate states along the the Cascade Mountains.

House Bill 1239 would create this new state called Liberty. The borders of the 51st state would follow the crest of the Cascade mountains and the western borders of Okanogan, Chelan, Kittitas, Yakima, and Klickitat counties. The eastern, northern, and southern borders of Liberty are the existing state borders."

https://komonews.com/news-brief-news...called-liberty
    Last edited by Slater; 01-19-21 at 10:56.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I am not a Washingtonian, but don't they introduce this every couple years? I have seen similar with Cali and Florida. NY could stand to do it, too. More evidence for Balkanization of the US.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Generally leftists push adding states so they can gain a majority in the senate, so I'm skeptical of any such attempts.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This gets talked about every election. I'm in Northern Idaho, and Eastern Washington does have far more in common with Idaho politically than the Seattle hivemind. Every election though it's usually a conversation about reforming northeastern Oregon, eastern Washington, and central and Northern Idaho into the Liberty superstate. I'm not sure there will ever be enough solid Conservative leadership to make it happen.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I am for this. I might even move to Liberty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    This gets talked about every election. I'm in Northern Idaho, and Eastern Washington does have far more in common with Idaho politically than the Seattle hivemind. Every election though it's usually a conversation about reforming northeastern Oregon, eastern Washington, and central and Northern Idaho into the Liberty superstate. I'm not sure there will ever be enough solid Conservative leadership to make it happen.
    It's funny because Idahoans treat Boise like they're a liberal cesspool. When my fiance and I go out there, Boise is 100 times more conservative than Pittsburgh PA.

I love the scenery and the patriotism out there

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm sure the movement will be as successful as the State of Jefferson.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I dont know why they waste time with this stuff.

It wont even get a floor vote at the state level.

No way Congress would approve it.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    There's also a movement in Southern Oregon and North Cali for the same thing. State of Jefferson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffer...Pacific_state)
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by Renegade; 01-19-21 at 14:16.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast