Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New MWS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

I bought a spare BCG years ago,

PB
    And that's how BRD progresses......I had a lone carbine gas tube in a drawer, for years, it eventually grew into a rifle. Seeds!

Very nice. Can't wait to see what you guys did with it at extended range.

Feedback Score
    I knew I should have bought a 20” barrel for mine. I bought the 13.5 SS barrel instead.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I knew I should have bought a 20” barrel for mine. I bought the 13.5 SS barrel instead.
    Can't find shit now. It's ridiculous.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Dumb question: Why the cantilever mount?

I can see doing that if you want the scope mounted only to the upper receiver, and not the handguard, but in this case they're the same thing, right?

Feedback Score
    Can't find shit now. It's ridiculous.

PB
    Terrible.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Dumb question: Why the cantilever mount?

I can see doing that if you want the scope mounted only to the upper receiver, and not the handguard, but in this case they're the same thing, right?
    Yes is the same thing, rail and upper receiver are one in the same. Monolithic. The mount is a Larue mount and at the time was the most robust mount you could get and QD.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I also have a NF ATACR sitting in a Geissele mount and oddly enough the mount wouldn't fit on the upper. Very strange. That one makes no sense.

PB
    Just an FYI. I had a standard LMT stripped upper last year that had similar issues with various optic mounts. The worst was a Geissele Aimpoint micro mount. It was so tight that it removed anodizing from the upper attempting to mount it. I ended up getting a refund on that upper as it was out of spec in a few different areas.

Yours may not necessarily be out of spec, but tolerance stacking between the two could be the culprit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Just an FYI. I had a standard LMT stripped upper last year that had similar issues with various optic mounts. The worst was a Geissele Aimpoint micro mount. It was so tight that it removed anodizing from the upper attempting to mount it. I ended up getting a refund on that upper as it was out of spec in a few different areas.

Yours may not necessarily be out of spec, but tolerance stacking between the two could be the culprit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    That is very interesting. You probably nailed it. I have a brobo Mount I'm going to try today.

PB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

My New MWS

That’s a nice setup. What loads are you running? Took me awhile to find a round that I consider acceptable in my 16” CL MWS barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 01-30-21 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post
    That’s a nice setup. What loads are you running? Took me awhile to find a round that I consider acceptable in my 16” CL MWS barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FGMM 168 and 175's do nicely. I've run cheap 147 g MEN and got 1.5-2.0 MOA for .60 per round. H TAP is great. I had another barrel that was not as accurate, I couldn't get MOA consistently out of it. I was lucky and a Buddy gave me his 308 barrel b/c he went full 6.5 on his MWS. The barrel that came with the gun was so so.

What are you shooting?

PB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast