Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Secret Primer Sources

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    That sucks. What you need to do is register for an account with all your address info etc and pre-load your CC into every site so that when you check out you don't have to do more than hit a few buttons. Midway will store your payment CC info for the next use. Don't know if you can pre-enter it without making an order though. Some places allow that.

My brother learned that the hard way when he was trying to get stuff that had come into stock. Once he got pre registered with payment info he was able to get stuff and checkout quickly before it would disappear.

I lost one jug of powder earlier this week because the vendors' website was acting up and not running my card (which had no problems -- the problems was their system, which was abysmally slow). I replaced that one keg with something else they had in stock and got checked out, luckily.

Hard times right now.
    I'm registered on Midway and a few other sites with my address credit card info, etc. As soon as the primers hit the website it started running very slowly. Their servers were overloaded.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I'm registered on Midway and a few other sites with my address credit card info, etc. As soon as the primers hit the website it started running very slowly. Their servers were overloaded.
    That sucks. The place I got my powder from was severly overloaded. Just bringing up the page with the product was 30-60 seconds some of the time. Luckily others couldn't do any better and so I was able to check out. Better luck next time...
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    What sucks about midway is they keep random stuff in your cart. I had the the same 5k and was super early but by the time I had to get rid of an old magpul hunter stock out of my cart I was out of time.

Feedback Score
    Brownells got overloaded too. I kept getting server errors trying to put the primers in my cart.

Feedback Score
    I thought I had a line on primers, I placed an order for 350,000. They came back the next day and said they couldn’t process it that ordering has closed early. I was pissed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Sign up for the reloading page on Discord. The have a page just for alerts on reloading products coming in stock. Even with that, most things tend to sell out within a few minutes. I got lucky about an hour ago the scored 5,000 Federal Premium Gold Medal Small Pistol Match Primers. I even got the birthday discount since my B-day was just two days ago. Already shipped. Too bad I can not use them for reloading 5.56. I guess I will be pumping out a lot of 9mm.
    Last edited by Red*Lion; 01-29-21 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Sign up for the reloading page on Discord. The have a page just for alerts on reloading products coming in stock. Even with that, most things tend to sell out within a few minutes. I got lucky about an hour ago the scored 5,000 Federal Premium Gold Medal Small Pistol Match Primers. I even got the birthday discount since my B-day was just two days ago. Already shipped. Too bad I can not use them for reloading 5.56. I guess I will be pumping out a lot of 9mm.
    I am signed up with Discord. I got the discord alert that primers were in stock at Midway after my order with Midway was canceled.

I am signed up with Brownells, Midway for alerts regarding in stock primers. I never received a notice

Every website, server, alert service that has anything to do with reloading supplies or ammo right now is probably running at capacity. I was surprised to see that any primers are available for sale yesterday. Hopefully the manufacturers will do this again in the near future
    Last edited by signal4l; 01-29-21 at 16:12.

Feedback Score
    I am signed up with Discord. I got the discord alert that primers were in stock at Midway after my order with Midway was canceled.

I am signed up with Brownells, Midway for alerts regarding in stock primers. I never received a notice

Every website, server, alert service that has anything to do with reloading supplies or ammo right now is probably running at capacity. I was surprised to see that any primers are available for sale yesterday. Hopefully the manufacturers will do this again in the near future
    Yeah the website alerts have not been helpful to me outside of Midsouth for bullets and powder on occasion.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Using discord I've been able to score a few times this week -- twice with Powder and twice with some projectiles (9mm). ( For powder: Powder Valley and a place I'd never heard of -- and the prices were cheap -- The CFE Black I got from the place I had not heard of was $18x while Midway listed it at $23x today when it came up for a few seconds on discord and most of the Shooter's World Powder from PV was $150 for 8#).

My brother told me about discord last year and the alerts but I did not join until this past Monday as I had not been needing stuff until I realized most of my on-hand powder was not so great for some newer stuff I am trying to load (338 spectre and 300 blk).

The biggest thing is you have to be quick and also have patience and be able to say no to stuff you don't really need that pops up while you are looking for stuff you do need. Too easy to talk yourself into stuff you aren't looking for because the scarcity of it makes it seem like a 'good deal" when it becomes available for a short while.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast