Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of new products dropping, is anyone excited or care?

Feedback Score

Lots of new products dropping, is anyone excited or care?

With Shot cancelled is anyone excited about all the new products that seem to be releasing or is everyone to busy with the post election blues and just focusing on what hawaiian shirt they are going to wear during the pending boog? I am really digging the new Magpul Stock the PRS Lite, but I really think about how much I shouldn't look at this and optics and instead just focus on getting all the ammo I can and laying low. Thought it would be interesting to get everyone's thoughts on this.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Outside of ammo and primers/components I don’t care. What good are all the new toys if you don’t have the rounds to run then. Much like a new car with no gas.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m not very interested in some new stock, but this seems like a perfect time to update or catch up with optics and lights. Trying to find even steel cased in stock at under a $1 a round seems pretty pointless right now.

Honestly if you have a few mags of the good stuff for your primary pistol and rifle and a case of M193 you are highly unlikely to loose a gunfight from running out of ammo.

If you don’t have any ammo stocked up you need to try to find enough to keep some practice going. But also start a dry fire routine, spend more time with less ammo on a precision rifle, focus on another hobby for a bit, etc.

Feedback Score
    Any one have a good place for a listing of new stuff from the Not Show?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never cared about accessories and could never spend hundreds on something I can't physically touch, hold, use..... So yea most of my stuff is circa 1998

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've been a voluntary tactical luddite for too long now - the MOE-K2-Thicc grip seems nice, but something that could have just as easily debuted in 2015 when I cared. There is some cooler stuff if I wanted to upgrade any bolt guns.

The SOG TacticalPopSocket actually seems cool... but it's bad when that's the most exciting thing I've seen.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I’m not very interested in some new stock, but this seems like a perfect time to update or catch up with optics and lights. Trying to find even steel cased in stock at under a $1 a round seems pretty pointless right now.

Honestly if you have a few mags of the good stuff for your primary pistol and rifle and a case of M193 you are highly unlikely to loose a gunfight from running out of ammo.

If you don’t have any ammo stocked up you need to try to find enough to keep some practice going. But also start a dry fire routine, spend more time with less ammo on a precision rifle, focus on another hobby for a bit, etc.
    I agree with you. I have been stocking up on magazines and ammo here and there. I just got 600rds of 55 grain for .59/per that I paid for a few months ago on back order and should get 500 rds of 75grain soon. I have enough to get me through the gunfight for sure, with all my rifles, but as a person who often shoots at least once every 2 weeks, it hasn't been that easy. At the same time, I think about upgrading my BCM and with a geissele trigger, or replacing the old scout light with the new dual fuel. My one DD still has an older Primary arms red dot that I keep telling myself I'll replace with an Aimpoint. I know these are relatively trivial things, but I feel as though if I can't or wont be able to train, or shoot as much, that I could pay attention to these needs...or should I say wants.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Any one have a good place for a listing of new stuff from the Not Show?
    I really haven't see a list of any sort, outside of TFB posting videos.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Lol, Hawaiian shirts are so 2019, we're wearing Hawaiian masks and viking horns now.

I mean, I usually spend some time here and there browsing Soldier Systems, since they seem to have news on most/all of the new product drops.
    I'm not seeing anything that's like WHOA, must have!
    The PRS slimmy looks like an interesting upgrade, but I've got no need. Also the new Leupold deltapoint micro is interesting, if it works. I think there was one or two other things beyond that, which I have apparently already forgotten about.

I don't know, I mean, I kinda got over the whole SHOT show hype-fest after realizing that 30% of it is Military stuff I'll never use, 30% is so hilariously expensive and/or overpriced I don't care, and 30% is just "stuff" that you know you'll never see again after SHOT because it's either a rehash of existing/better/previously established product, or just plain pointless and stupid/useless. 8% is 'future tech' that is cool sci-fi stuff, fun to look at and think about how it may change/improve things 'someday' but currently vaporware and also kidney-expensive.
    The final 2% are the very f***ing few items that fit either the "holy shit that's brilliant, why didn't I think of that" or the genuine improvement or new non-rehash product that actually fits a need no current product does, that you gotta have.

I got nothing against innovation, but, ugh already.
    I feel like a lot of things are 'innovation'.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I've been a voluntary tactical luddite for too long now - the MOE-K2-Thicc grip seems nice, but something that could have just as easily debuted in 2015 when I cared. There is some cooler stuff if I wanted to upgrade any bolt guns.
    Agreed, and there is a Savage 10 I have that could use some love

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast