Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Is The Real Range of Night Vision Equipment?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I bought a $200.00 set up and it was totally useless. Today I ran into something saying NV's range is about 30 yards. If NV costs over 2k for a good unit, this seems very low and limited to me. How far can you see with the best units? I mean a positive ID.
    LOL $200 for nightvision?

Are you trolling us? Not only are you poor, but you’re an idiot too. (The two usually go hand in hand...) This isn’t even the correct forum for a NV related thread.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-29-21 at 05:26.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I have no problem driving down the road at 75 MPH with my NVG’s blacked out. Matter of fact I’m doing it right now as I type this message on my phone. I’m only traversing about 112 feet per second. Seems safe to me
    That’s because you didn’t spend $200 on your kit like the OP did.

I’ve heard of poor worship but someone needs to help the OP off his poor prayer rug.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-29-21 at 05:26.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    LOL $200 for nightvision?

Are you trolling us? Not only are you poor, but you’re an idiot too. (The two usually go hand in hand...) This isn’t even the correct forum for a NV related thread.
    This is the same guy that posted the following in the NV thread I believe you may have even started this last summer. He’s also the same guy that claims anything other than his Delton is a “Gucci” gun I think. Either way he’s on my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I have never used night vision. All the Vietnam era guys say the enemy comes at night. Now we have great NV in the military and we own the night. So unless you are intending to fight a modern military at night, at 200 yards, why are you spending 2-3K for a NV set up? That is, if you are truly doing home defense, does your property extend 200 yards or more? And if you are not intending to fight a modern military at night, well then you are probably only going to encounter non-night vision bad guys or maybe Antifa types. Any night vision under those circumstances will make you king. Another thing, I can't even see 200 yards in the daylight because of the forest--not even half that. Fifty yards for NV would be great. Then there is the question of identification. You just can't shoot the wrong guy. Why wouldn't 50 yards at 1X, even with gen 0 or gen 1 or digital than 200 yards with gen 3 at 4X? What power are you intending to use?

You other NV guys, please tell me where I have gone off the rails here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post
    This is the same guy that posted the following in the NV thread I believe you may have even started this last summer. He’s also the same guy that claims anything other than his Delton is a “Gucci” gun I think. Either way he’s on my ignore list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah. Thanks.. He posted in my Aimpoint thread with nothing of value, then I saw this thread and decided to return the favor. “Vietnam era” tactics talk tells me everything I need to know!

I’ve never used the ignore list feature here. I’ll have to check it out and see how it works.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-29-21 at 05:42.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123