Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is The Real Range of Night Vision Equipment?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    With an SBR and laser and nods I can hit ipsc A zone to about 100 yards easily.

With this, I’ve hit IPSC past 1100 yards and cleaned kyl racks at 600 (smallest target 2” wide) but as others have noted light conditions are critical.
    Attachment 64946
    That's a sweet setup. How do you like the SiCo Radius? I've toyed with getting one.

Feedback Score
    thanks! best of luck finding one. they've been discontinued a few years. hard to beat for $500. but a $$$$$ raptar would be much more useful.
    i only use it at night. i've found it doesn't really stay aligned, return to zero kinda sucks (which is why raptar would be better). it ranges very fast though and i love that it gives up to 3 distances.
    but at night it doesn't need to stay aligned because you can see the beam through the NV so you just put it on the target and get your distance. distance is also much improved at night.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    OK, got it. Thanks guys. Your last sentence is interesting also. So, you are saying that (when the commies send me my 5K stimulus check) I would be better off at long range with a real NV scope rather than the goggles and laser?
    Yea no question. An actual night vision scope is, well, a scope. A laser is a laser. Imagine trying to hit something with a laser at like 300 yards. For one thing the dot that far downrange is huge. For another, PEQs only hold like 4 moa.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I would say a CNVD paired with a quality scope is a better choice than a night vision scope for overall versatility, unless you have the ability to have a dedicated night vision long range gun.
    The CNVD was an abbreviation I never heard before and had to look it up. They are certainly cool but most cost around 10K. I did find one for 4K. At this point a night vision scope with a QD mount sounds more my speed. Even high end models for that are more than I want to spend. So, I will have to shop around, scope by scope, and get reviews if I go into this.

Feedback Score
    If you’re serious about a nv clip on look at the pvs30. Knights has dumped a ton of refurbs on the market. Nearly everyone is offering them around $6k

Feedback Score
    A good gen 3 mid to high spec'd pvs14 is really clear. I can easily see as far and about as clear as i can in day light. Now for areas in shadowy areas you will need a illuminator but i constantly run around at night on my property without an illuminator and its quite remarkable how much technology has changed. The gen 1 stuff that you probably bought is like a blind man and the newer gen3"+" is like 20-30 vision.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have no problem driving down the road at 75 MPH with my NVG’s blacked out. Matter of fact I’m doing it right now as I type this message on my phone. I’m only traversing about 112 feet per second. Seems safe to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I can see further with mine, than I can HIT with it.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    You need to get one of them sniper scopes from California.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I can see far enough with my NVG’s where the “hits” happen with a surprise. Thankfully the cattle bumper held up last night. I feel sorry for the farmers three cows. They shouldn’t have been standing in the road while I was driving with no lights at 75 mph. But the cause was probably the message I was texting on my phone. Gen 1 is Phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast