Thread: Anyone have experience with the Arktis smocks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Anyone have experience with the Arktis smocks?

I am considering the B110 for routine field use (target practice, shooting/reloading drills, hiking, outdoor activity, etc.).

My understanding is that these are intended to be used in lieu of a tac vest, LBV, or other load gear. I may be mistaken, however.

Anyone own/use one of these smocks and if so, how do you like it?

Thanking you in advance for any user feedback ...

Feedback Score
    I cannot speak to Arkis, but I have gotten a couple of British Army surplus smocks that I think would compare favorably (excepting the Gore Tex and specialty Arkis models).
    These surplus smocks are heavy, sturdy fabric. I always treat them with Nikwax cotton proof.
    You can get a new in the wrapper British Army surplus smock for $50-$60 if you look.
    The British surplus come in their version of Multicam (almost indistinguishable from Multicam) and old school DPM.
    Check out ebay, including European vendors.
    Last edited by LDM; 01-20-21 at 08:29. Reason: add info

Feedback Score
    Had a lengthy post but lost it.
    Present range and hiking jacket is a Polish Direct Action Smock. Looks Tactical Timmy, but a real field jacket compared to the US M-65.
    As noted, I used a well worn British surplus DPM smock for years. The Brits have the Smock concept down and Arktis is well respected for a reason.

When in doubt - https://soldiersystems.net/?s=Smock

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I too have had the British smocks. One was British Multicam and the other one was dessert DPM. These are solid pieces of kit and are in metric sizes. You have to layer with them, as they are not warm by themselves, but they will keep the wind off you. The Aktis ones look pretty solid. If you go the surplus route just check your sizing as they run big and long.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks much for the excellent info and feedback, Gentlemen - it is all very gratefully appreciated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had some Arkis gear 30 years ago. It was well made and typical of "British" issue (meaning overbuilt).

As others have said, love Brit Surplus smocks.