Thread: Ruger NM Blackhawk .30 Carbine

Feedback Score

Ruger NM Blackhawk .30 Carbine

A few weeks after I reserved a little flame thrower at the LGS (a S&W 53-2 in .22 Rem Jet), this Ruger new model Blackhawk .30 Carbine popped up at the same LGS. In Switzerland we need a purchase permit delivered by the local bureau of arms for each weapon, but we can combine upto three weapons on the same permit, provided they are acquired the same day from the same vendor. After a quick discussion and $ 580.- it was mine

Made in 1984

And since I’m a lucky fellow, I put my paws on this lot of cheap ammo for it, 1900 rounds. I probably need to buy a M1 Carbine now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    nice score!!

Feedback Score
    If you shoot it at an indoor range, you may want to get the stall on the end as your neighbors to both the left and right will hate you if you don’t. Others on the range will stop to watch after your first two or three shots to see who is shooting the flame thrower that sounds like a 155mm howitzer going off. They are very cool to shoot. Enjoy your new purchase And get used to people asking to try it out.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Nice! It may take a while to shoot that much ammunition through a single action revolver

Andy

Feedback Score
    Shot 50 rounds of old Magtech at the 25 m indoor range tonight. What a blast, literally. I still have to get used to the grip, it’s my first single action.

The S&W 53-2 4” is louder though

Feedback Score
    Nice wheelgun sir!
    Enjoy the toy.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Beautiful. Just make sure you get a nice M1 Carbine to match!
    "Adrenaline + tunnel vision + a little disbelief = that John Wayne moment" - Firefly