Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Food delivery driver doesn't like tip, takes food back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    No, I won't stop just throwing a hissy-fit.

Not sure if it's a global policy. I worked at HD in the early 2000's and was never told of such a policy. We accepted tips all the time.

Okay, sorry for hijacking the thread.
    He's thinking, "cool, five bucks!...but the employee handbook says "do not accept tips", but the guy is trying to be nice and I want the five bucks, but if I'm caught taking it I get in trouble, which is stupid but, what should I do? I was just doing my job! This is all YOUR fault!"

Feedback Score
    They dont want employees taking tips because it's considered untaxed income and the company can get pinched for it.

Does the man on TV tell you we live in a free country, too?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For me, it depends on how much we order and how far the restaurant we are ordering from is from our house. I make the determination based on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    An $8 tip on a single person's order? Probably more than fair. I don't order delivery, what is the expected tip percentage for it?

I am just going to continue making my own dam bologna sammiches and ramen noodles.

Andy
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Lol!

I don't understand why I need to go through a 3rd party to get food.

Because not all of us work 9-5 jobs or order food from their homes.

On average, I spend 10+ nights a month in a hotel room. Sometimes the attached restaurant sucks or is closed.
    It is much cheaper and easier to use a delivery service than getting a taxi or renting a car.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Because not all of us work 9-5 jobs or order food from their homes.

On average, I spend 10+ nights a month in a hotel room. Sometimes the attached restaurant sucks or is closed.
    It is much cheaper and easier to use a delivery service than getting a taxi or renting a car.
    But the delivery service had to go to an open restaurant correct? And you had to first find the restaurant and see the menu correct? So why not just call and have it delivered?

Also, GrubHub is not a delivery service. It an service to connect you with the restaurant. The delivery guy is working for the restaurant. If we go back a few decades it's the equivalent of calling the Yellow Pages to tell them what you want them to order for you from the restaurant. So you tell GrubHub they tell the restaurant and the restaurant brings it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 01-21-21 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    But the delivery service had to go to an open restaurant correct? And you had to first find the restaurant and see the menu correct? So why not just call and have it delivered?
    Because the vast majority of restaurants do not deliver.
    Before Uber Eats etc., the food options were pretty much limited to pizza, pasta and crappy Chinese.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123