Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 SAS Slide

Feedback Score

Sig P365 SAS Slide

Curious if any of you Sig P365XL guys have used their new anti snag slide/sight combo . I`m trying to decide of it`s worth the $$$ and if it is any better than the stock sights as I`ve had no problems with the stock sights getting caught on anything while carrying concealed .

I`ve seen mixed reviews on it .... some love it and others hate it and not a lot of in between .

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pretty sure the SAS is a Sig inside joke. Don't fall for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Pretty sure the SAS is a Sig inside joke. Don't fall for it.
    This. SAS is gimmicky and i have seen several high level trainers say they are a gimmick. That being said the regular version of the XL seems gtg. I am considering getting one

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Myself and several friends/relatives have the SAS on the regular 365.

We find the sights work quite well, they are fast and are especially good and low / no light.

They are not target shooting sights, And about five pistols I'm aware of only one is dead on. Most are at least 6" off at 5 yds.

I'm not that concerned about lack of adjustability, but being 8" off at 5 yd is a bit annoying. Coupled with inability to adjust them without shims is leading to some deserved criticism.

I'm going to shim mine, at least for the elevation part which is pretty easy.

I couldn't understand the need for the XL but after shooting The regular 365 it's a nice shooting pistol relative to size and an XL would be a fun size to have.

I personally find the 365 a breakthrough in terms of size, capacity, and utility. And I've had a lot of small pistols.

It groups better than any 12 shot 9mm pocket pistol I've seen before. :-) And has been extremely reliable to date, though we are still putting them through paces.

A friend with the XL with regular sights was shooting dead on, so they appear to be sighted in better from the factory.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    One last thing: until you shoot the SAS it's easy to criticize as a gimmick.

It's really hard to understand how intuitive the approach is to use until you actually shoot one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 63Qcode View Post
    Curious if any of you Sig P365XL guys have used their new anti snag slide/sight combo . I`m trying to decide of it`s worth the $$$ and if it is any better than the stock sights as I`ve had no problems with the stock sights getting caught on anything while carrying concealed . I`ve seen mixed reviews on it .... some love it and others hate it and not a lot of in between . Thanks
    This is solid feedback from Karl Rehn on the SAS sights, here: https://blog.krtraining.com/365-sas-sights/

The SAS sights seem to appeal to people that aren’t skilled or knowledgeable about shooting or carrying. They think that regular sights, which are easier to see, will “print too much” or snag on clothing, or they plan on using the 365 as a pocket gun, with no expectation that they will ever need to hit a target at farther than 5 yards. It’s true that the majority of self defense incidents occur at close range, but even in those situations, the threat may be moving, obscured behind cover, or there may be a family member in between the shooter and the threat. So the ability to shoot with precision should be considered essential.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have both the standard P365 and the XL. I originally bought the standard p365 because I thought that the XL would print too much, but as it turns out that's not the case (even with a Holosun 507k mounted) and have been carrying it AIWB for about 6 months now without issue. The XL definitely shoots better in my hands as it just fits better and is easier to hold on to under recoil, and the extra couple of rounds are nice to have too. That said, they're both GTG.

The SAS on the other hand is just silly IMO. What exactly is the advantage? The sights are a gimmick, as the standard sights don't snag in the first place, the open slide and ported barrel are a liability in terms of dirt ingress, and flash during low light. Which is why SIG discontinued that "feature." Not to mention the reports of POI being way off. The slide release and take down lever on the standard models were snagging that they had to be removed??? Just no.
    Last edited by georgeib; 01-21-21 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I've had a regular 365 for almost a year. I bought it to replace my g26 and my ruger lcp. It has now replaced both, although on very rare occasions I will still pack the lcp. The lcp just disappears so it's hard to compete with.

I mostly pocket carry the 365. It's on the big side for that, but I can pull it off with most of my clothing. I have been considering getting an xl with a 507k for iwb duty to take the place of some of my larger guns. I thought about buying the xl exchange kit, but for the price I have seen them at, you might as well just buy the whole gun. I just bought a brand new mk25 complete upper for 292 shipped, yet they want about 500 for the xl upper?

I have zero interest in the sas slide. The x ray sights that come stock are pretty good for factory sights and don't pose any real snagging risk.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    Honestly, as someone who carries an XL daily, this is the only route to go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBFgU99Ls50

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The SAS on the other hand is just silly IMO. What exactly is the advantage? The sights are a gimmick, as the standard sights don't snag in the first place,
    I don't think it was snagging they were trying to eliminate, unless during pocket carry. Which the 365 is small enough to do.

the open slide and ported barrel are a liability in terms of dirt ingress, and flash during low light. Which is why SIG discontinued that "feature." Not to mention the reports of POI being way off. The slide release and take down lever on the standard models were snagging that they had to be removed??? Just no.
    Porting was discontinued. Relative has both with and without. We can tell no difference.

Slide release was melted too much on the SAS, just to the point of being annoying. But it slingshots easily and reliably. (Unlike many other small pistols).

I still see some advantage with the sights in terms of speed, and I'm a hard core iron sight shooter with 1911s, Walther P99/PPQ, hunting pistols, etc.

In low light I really like them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast