Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: steel target recommendations?

Feedback Score

steel target recommendations?

Wasn't really sure where to post this but I am looking for some steel target recommendations. What companies should I be looking at?
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    My buddy has bought many targets from these guys & I have bought a couple sets myself. Mostly Gongs but they do have other styles. Never had a problem with any & they get used alot. There are others out there but we have had good luck with these !
    https://shootingtargets7.com/

Feedback Score
    I mostly use old blind flanges (it's a pipe thing) I pick up off of my jobs.

But I'm in to see other options. Big blind flanges are HEAVY, and I'm old and puny.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    https://shootsteel.com/
    Ive had good luck with the two gongs I bought from them. They discount regularly via email or the clearance section of the site.

Al

Feedback Score
    I had my neighbor order a 4’x4’ sheet of 1/2” AR500 and we cut it on a laser at his workshop. I’d call around to local shops and see if anybody can do something like that. We cut a few big 18x12, a few 6x6 and some others. I think we got the sheet for 300 delivered to his shop with another steel order.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have some stuff from Defense Targets...The RSR, an Econo Gong, and a couple of bases.

I honestly haven't shot them too much due to life and work and my range being a pain in the ass about steel, but they seem well made and are pretty easy to transport and set up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've used Arntzen- now out of business I believe, in the past.

These days I have a client that works in a Heavy Equipment repair shop. They use AR500 to repair equipment- graders, dozers, track hoes...... He has programs saved in their Plasma Cutting Table for various targets. He takes the scrap pieces and makes targets for me on his lunch hour...... I haven't bought a target in years. Every couple of months he shows up with 3-4 full size and 1/3 size IPSCS, various squares and discs etc.....I probably have 50 or more steel targets. Just keep stacking them away in the Conex, some day he will retire, quit, get fired.... whatever, but until then I'm building a "reserve" to last the rest of my life.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

steel target recommendations?

I have some from AR500 Target Solutions that I got from Amazon. Seem to be holding up fine.

https://www.amazon.com/AR500-12x20-S...1262913&sr=8-7
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 01-21-21 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Good suggestions above for sure, but also if there is a Steel Shop/Fabricator near by call them up or swing by and see what they have. There is a steel place not far from my one shooting buddies house and he has gone there and they will cut any steel in any shape you want. They have AR450/500 etc. He gets pretty fair deals also,,no shipping although some places like above have Free shipping over a certain amount,,guess you'll pay tax on your order depending on where you are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One thing to add on the idea of having them cut for you. If they’re cut using plasma and are exposed to a lot of heat, the edges can be softened. I think many manufacturers use water jet or some type of submerged plasma cutter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast