Thread: Interesting Pawn Shop Find....Agency Arms Glock 19 Build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Interesting Pawn Shop Find....Agency Arms Glock 19 Build

Stopped by the local pawn shop and searched the "new purchases cage". Someone brought in a Glock 19 with an Agency Arms slide (AOS mounting plate cut) barrel, sights and trigger. I don't care for the window cuts in the slide- there are two on the sides of the slide and one in the top just behind the front sight- like on a Glock 34....but the rest of the gun works for me....The frame is a Gen II Lone Wolf frame and has an Agency trigger in it. Based on the components, I figure the guy spent about $1500-1600 on the pistol originally.

It comes with 3 mags, two +2 5th Gen Glock mags and a 33 rd stick. Also a Dara Holster. $750 OTD. It's not actually available for sale yet but I had them put my name on it. I'll get it when the "hold" comes off it in 14 days.

Still bargains to be had.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I dunno, man...Seems like a lot of money for someone else's project gun.

But what the hell do I know, maybe it'll defy the odds and work great. I guess if all else fails, you can probably flip it and turn a profit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I dunno, man...Seems like a lot of money for someone else's project gun.

But what the hell do I know, maybe it'll defy the odds and work great. I guess if all else fails, you can probably flip it and turn a profit.
    My thoughts-

1. Quality parts- Advantage Arms makes probably the best "Glock" parts out there, in my opinion and that of several RKI's that I know. The slide alone is easily worth more than what they are asking for the whole gun. Many of their parts are UNOBTAINIUM right now and sell for a premium- over the already "premium" price you pay for them. Getting a slide cut for their AOS system- 6 month wait, minimum.

2. Standard Glock 19's, at least where I am, are $600 right now, if you can find one.....And not likely to get cheaper- See complete Implosion of NRA and cast of Retards in Washington, DC for details here....

3. I have four guns with Lone Wolf Frames. Two of those have been through Sentinel Concepts, Sage Dynamics and CSAT pistol courses with many thousands of trouble free rounds. They work.

4. Both companies have excellent customer service. I had one Lone Wolf frame, a Gen I, that had some issues, sent it back and they replaced it, new one has been great. Never had any issues with Agency Arms stuff and not really aware of anyone that has though anytime I have sent in a slide to cut etc...it was handled very professionally. Every order verified as to specs prior to work beginning, receipt acknowledged, up front disclosure of lead times- and the delivery time actually matching that disclosure..... I wish I could say the same for many other companies that have done custom work for me!

5. I like Agency products. Their AOS systems is MILES ahead of other optics mounting options for Glocks. It's completely "modular" and therefore future proof- not tying you to one specific sight pattern cut and further, bombproof. You never hear of one shooting loose- something that cannot be said for the MOS system and a few others I'm aware of.

My only reservation about it at all is the slide is not in the configuration I would prefer with the lightening cuts..... So what? It's a tool at the end of the day.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Stopped by the local pawn shop and searched the "new purchases cage". Someone brought in a Glock 19 with an Agency Arms slide (AOS mounting plate cut) barrel, sights and trigger. I don't care for the window cuts in the slide- there are two on the sides of the slide and one in the top just behind the front sight- like on a Glock 34....but the rest of the gun works for me....The frame is a Gen II Lone Wolf frame and has an Agency trigger in it. Based on the components, I figure the guy spent about $1500-1600 on the pistol originally.

It comes with 3 mags, two +2 5th Gen Glock mags and a 33 rd stick. Also a Dara Holster. $750 OTD. It's not actually available for sale yet but I had them put my name on it. I'll get it when the "hold" comes off it in 14 days.

I've really liked the lone wolf frames, personally (They are also local to me and I can call and talk with them). In this market that seems like a decent price if everything flows together. Good find. I came in thinking that you found an Agency NOC after seeing the lone wolf frame mentioned lol that would be a legendary find
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My thoughts-

1. Quality parts- Advantage Arms makes probably the best "Glock" parts out there, in my opinion and that of several RKI's that I know. The slide alone is easily worth more than what they are asking for the whole gun. Many of their parts are UNOBTAINIUM right now and sell for a premium- over the already "premium" price you pay for them. Getting a slide cut for their AOS system- 6 month wait, minimum.

2. Standard Glock 19's, at least where I am, are $600 right now, if you can find one.....And not likely to get cheaper- See complete Implosion of NRA and cast of Retards in Washington, DC for details here....

3. I have four guns with Lone Wolf Frames. Two of those have been through Sentinel Concepts, Sage Dynamics and CSAT pistol courses with many thousands of trouble free rounds. They work.

4. Both companies have excellent customer service. I had one Lone Wolf frame, a Gen I, that had some issues, sent it back and they replaced it, new one has been great. Never had any issues with Agency Arms stuff and not really aware of anyone that has though anytime I have sent in a slide to cut etc...it was handled very professionally. Every order verified as to specs prior to work beginning, receipt acknowledged, up front disclosure of lead times- and the delivery time actually matching that disclosure..... I wish I could say the same for many other companies that have done custom work for me!

5. I like Agency products. Their AOS systems is MILES ahead of other optics mounting options for Glocks. It's completely "modular" and therefore future proof- not tying you to one specific sight pattern cut and further, bombproof. You never hear of one shooting loose- something that cannot be said for the MOS system and a few others I'm aware of.

My only reservation about it at all is the slide is not in the configuration I would prefer with the lightening cuts..... So what? It's a tool at the end of the day.
    Cool...Rock on, then!

Thanks for the explanation...I don't really follow Agency/Salient/etc, so I had the impression that they were just expensive Costa Instagram fanboy parts. But if it works, it works. Not my style, though, so I would have passed it up.

Let us know how it runs after you pick it up.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

This is my build. My daughter and I both built a Glock from scratch. I think I have about $900 in it. It was fun doing the build.

I think you did fine. Don’t worry about the cut..unless you plan to roll your gun in sand, mud and dirt, it will work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have an Agency AOS on my glock45 and is a great way to run a dot. 750 is a steal. Congrats!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I've really liked the lone wolf frames, personally (They are also local to me and I can call and talk with them). In this market that seems like a decent price if everything flows together. Good find. I came in thinking that you found an Agency NOC after seeing the lone wolf frame mentioned lol that would be a legendary find
    Yea, Even I'm not THAT lucky! Lol....

Gun can be released from Pawn hold on the 8th...I'll be glad to have it in hand.

Feedback Score

I probably would have jumped all over that too, man. Great find!
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.