Thread: Space Launch Viewing

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Space Launch Viewing

My wife and I took the kids to Orlando for the week. We visited Kennedy space center back in 2017 and by chance as we are sitting here at the resort I asked my wife to see if anything is going on at NASA. Well, there is a Falcon 9 launch tomorrow!! I know we have some FL natives here, best place to view the launch? This is bucket list item for me!

Feedback Score
    Years ago I went to a viewing area for a Shuttle launch at the space center. Unfortunately they scrubbed in the last 10 seconds. But we could see the shuttle complex pretty clearly. That was well before the web though. I did find this link that may be handy. https://www.visitspacecoast.com/launches/launch-venues

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you can grab tix at the center, they have 3 and 5 mile areas. Both are amazing.

I saw a launch a few years ago, and it’s the most Newtonian physics event you can see: The largest non-nuclear explosion on the planet is shoved thru a nozzle causing a tube to tear a hole in the atmosphere. I could feel the heat from the launch pad 5 miles away! And the roar was amazing. Then at some point in the flight, they literally turn it to 11! There’s nothing like it.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just plain old Cocoa Beach is fairly rad, although closer can be nicer. Partial to the beach, because worst case, you're at a beach while stuff is on hold.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister