Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wall Street Journal reporting flu is nearly non-existent

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I suppose that depends on where you live. .
    Of course. Plus I'm sure there's a difference between a local store and corporate although I see plenty of people in Costco, Home Depot, Target, etc...wearing the mask under their nose.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    CDC says there's been between 12k-60k flu deaths each season for the past decade. Covid reported deaths have been running about 4k per day. Yesterday was about 4,400.

So... account for a couple hundred coulda-woulda flu deaths in that 4,400 yesterday if ya want. Doesn't significantly change the number.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-22-21 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    WSJ has been more like "SJW's" since the KLIN - TON I insurrection anyways.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I fully support COVID deniers. Keep it up.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm pretty stunned at the deniers. You can argue about the reported stats.

but Corona is real:

- it's not the flu
    - it can destroy otherwise healthy lungs
    - it kills people
    - and makes others extremely sick
    - and some people even those with comorbidities have very minor symptoms
    -It's not just hitting 80-year-old plus or "those that were going to die anyway"
    - it makes some young people very sick
    - even those who survived it or occasionally saying long-term impact ( true even for fit college age people)

I know the above as fact.

In my several decades of life I've never known anyone who was hospitalized much less died from the flu. Yet I personally know several impacted that way by Corona.

And it is not false diagnosis. The flu may lead to pneumonia. But that's not what's putting people into ICU and killing them.

Corona is a completely different disease process

It is possible to believe in government overreach in the response but also be explicitly informed about what this disease is, how it's not the flu, and how it is impacting a lot of people who would otherwise be alive now.

I guess until it kills someone you know who was not very likely to die soon some of you will not believe it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's exactly it. There's no denying that some people have really contracted the virus, and it's a real thing.

But I've seen more examples of fake/fraud results than I have seen actual sick.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    You do know that it's possible to believe COVID is real AND that it's been used as a political weapon, right?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    You do know that it's possible to believe COVID is real AND that it's been used as a political weapon, right?
    Exactly. In my area/circles, it's almost non existent. I personally know one older guy who got it, and it was no biggie.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Like any other fraud in the world; follow the money. When hospitals are paid waaay more money if someone in their care dies of the China Virus than anything else, you don't think that fraud is running rampant and numbers are over-inflated? The virus is real, it's deadly and it's been used for political power wielding more than any sickness in history. Had this not been an election year with democrats knowing they'll lose unless something drastic happened, the government's response wouldn't have been worse than the disease...
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I'm pretty stunned at the deniers. You can argue about the reported stats.

but Corona is real:

- it's not the flu
    - it can destroy otherwise healthy lungs
    - it kills people
    - and makes others extremely sick
    - and some people even those with comorbidities have very minor symptoms
    -It's not just hitting 80-year-old plus or "those that were going to die anyway"
    - it makes some young people very sick
    - even those who survived it or occasionally saying long-term impact ( true even for fit college age people)

I know the above as fact.

In my several decades of life I've never known anyone who was hospitalized much less died from the flu. Yet I personally know several impacted that way by Corona.

And it is not false diagnosis. The flu may lead to pneumonia. But that's not what's putting people into ICU and killing them.

Corona is a completely different disease process

It is possible to believe in government overreach in the response but also be explicitly informed about what this disease is, how it's not the flu, and how it is impacting a lot of people who would otherwise be alive now.

I guess until it kills someone you know who was not very likely to die soon some of you will not believe it.
    No one is saying it's fake. I'm not sure where you guys get that from.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast