Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ? Dark Storm AR's

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

? Dark Storm AR's

Fellow LEO in friends precinct bought one, only because it was the only AR available in his AO.

Anyone have experience with Dark Storm AR's?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

From their webpage

7075 Billet is interesting. NATO-spec is hard chrome, NOT, "nitride" still, no? Compensator looks like something from POF. And what replaced the "roll pins?"

They seem to specialize in ban-state guns, which is good for ban state residents, I reckon. More power to 'em.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Ok, I don't want to bash on them just because they are an unknown. I don't know anything good or bad about them.

I'm simply gonna put out there that an unknown entity, that appears to market primarily to "ban states" where competition is limited, is breaking out at the height of a panic buy situation, and can get parts to build with when known quality manufacturers are struggling to make/source parts in sufficient quantity... in gonna pass. Perhaps that is completely unfair of me to say. If I were your friend I would look that rifle over very carefully and inspect it regularly.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    From their webpage

7075 Billet is interesting. NATO-spec is hard chrome, NOT, "nitride" still, no? Compensator looks like something from POF. And what replaced the "roll pins?"

They seem to specialize in ban-state guns, which is good for ban state residents, I reckon. More power to 'em.
    Looks like burnt fingers soon.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Any marketing guy would tell you a new AR model should be named "Dark Winter" in honor of the Usurper.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    And what replaced the "roll pins?"
    Probably things like an integral trigger guard and screw for the bolt catch like Aero and some others do.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yep from their web page...

Allen screw bolt catch pin
    Allen screw forward assist pin

The gas block still does (so I guess they're liars )
    https://www.dark-storm.com/parts/bar...ck-steel-.750/

I bet the CH and ejector does too.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I’ve been seeing lots of “new” questionable brands lately. Here is another:

https://www.durkintactical.com/produ...ium-build-kit/

Keep in mind “new” and “questionable” doesn’t always equal poor quality (although a lot of times it does). Everyone was new at some point. Other time, we companies splinter off from existing well-known and trusted brands. One example of such would be Dark Hour Defense, which is a splinter company of V Seven.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    And hence the reason I don't belong to TOS. I'll PRESUME there's a thread in that morass... somewhere... regarding DarkStorm... but hell if I can find it!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast