Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ? Dark Storm AR's

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    And hence the reason I don't belong to TOS. I'll PRESUME there's a thread in that morass... somewhere... regarding DarkStorm... but hell if I can find it!
    It’s probably because TOS was kicked off their server for “inciting violence” or some garbage like that, so there is no direct access to any of their archived threads. Any link to any archived thread takes non-members to the general home page. It does the same thing if you click a link to them from a google search.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Checked on only 2 of their 556 rifles, both have 1:9 barrel twist. Odd.

Mark

Feedback Score
    They show a 3-6 month lead time for lots of rifles and parts, and probably are subject to the same supply constraints of other AR makers that don't manufacture their own parts. So it seems like the lead time isn't so much a few months as it is whenever another company supplies the parts. With that said...

A 1:9 barrel would work at any competitions (3gun) I shoot at. I've yet to see testing that shows 9310 is a plus or minus compared to C158. Nitride barrels are what I choose over chrome lined already. If I had to buy an AR right now, and they were actually in stock, one of their base models would be something to consider. IDK if I'd commit to a long wait without at looking at other options though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Checked on only 2 of their 556 rifles, both have 1:9 barrel twist. Odd.

Mark
    My Colt 6721 HBAR is a 1/9 twist and pretty damn nice... I paid extra for that!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Look them up on local firearms forums to see what people think. Longislandgunclub.com is good for opinions on them. They are mostly referred to as just DSI.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Fellow LEO in friends precinct bought one, only because it was the only AR available in his AO.

Anyone have experience with Dark Storm AR's?

Unwise way to go about buying a firearm.

"Lets see, That is the only thing available in town. Sure, I'll take one!"

No. Just no... Not wise.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Unwise way to go about buying a firearm.

"Lets see, That is the only thing available in town. Sure, I'll take one!"

No. Just no... Not wise.
    I'll make sure to avoid BCM if I can't find a second option available to decide between.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWcityguy2 View Post
    I'll make sure to avoid BCM if I can't find a second option available to decide between.
    I was actually in a store recently that had quite a few assembled lowers. BCM and KE with the KE at about $20 less. Guess which ones were going faster.

Yep, for ~$20 BCM'so were sitting while KE was walking out. I don't know KE, they were forged and looked ok.

I was out of state, or I might have grabbed one (BCM flavor). I can't recall the price. They were high, but not rapey high. I picked up some parts at reasonable for now prices.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWcityguy2 View Post

There is usually a reason (or three) that she was the LAST girl left in the bar that night...

Or she could have left a few times already only to be brought back in a hurry cause stuff was not right. LOL!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    There is usually a reason (or three) that she was the LAST girl left in the bar that night...

Or she could have left a few times already only to be brought back in a hurry cause stuff was not right. LOL!
    Maybe she just wasn't shot out yet!
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast