Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Biden's Presidency Be A Catalyst For Secession... Or Worse?

Feedback Score
    Succession. As long as we don't have to move. Maybe if there was some way that we could live our separate lives, just in parallel. Physicists say that the 5th dimension may be right 'next' to us, but we don't interact. That is what we need. Hell, that is what they are trying to do with us- just make us disappear.

Places are conservative, they are awesome so people move there and F it up with their progressive baggage. You want to live in the nice places, you have to follow our rules.

The progressive left needs a quick jab to the nose to reset them. They are like a toddler that can't be reasoned with, who thinks they have all the answers. They need something to hit their reset buttons and start acting like rational human beings. I don't know what it is. Something like one of their key icons getting caught in some nasty stuff. Something to make them question the foundation of their superiority complex.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The progressive left needs a quick jab to the nose to reset them. They are like a toddler that can't be reasoned with, who thinks they have all the answers. They need something to hit their reset buttons and start acting like rational human beings. I don't know what it is. Something like one of their key icons getting caught in some nasty stuff. Something to make them question the foundation of their superiority complex.
    Mayors getting caught doing crack, congressmen conducting insider trading, tax evasion, running guns, selling secrets to enemies, hiring and dating spies, blackmail, illegal private servers, Embezzlement, etc etc. they literally don’t care and will excuse away any actions or behavior of anyone with a D next to their name.

Feedback Score
    Succession is not an option because is a bureaucratic process that would take years. Plus no state would vote to give up federal funds. Its a fantasy
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Don't be afraid of the word, it is part of our history and it is a well proven fact that those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. What the last 4 years, the stolen election and the dismantling of the MAGA agenda which was so good for the common people has done has now made many of us hate them as much as they hate us. That does not bode well for coexisting and and if they continue down this road of extracting revenge on people who have done nothing wrong it seems that a backlash will be inevitable. I do now believe that many of those in power do want us dead but that may not work out as well for them as they seem to believe it will.
    yup the trend in our history is life is better we do go through low and high in that time and I think we are going to go into a low for sure

how long though ? another 8,10,12 years BUT I think many are going to be enough is enough when it shows this does not work and yeah damage will be done BUT the flip side I think the pendulum will swing as it needs to only after it gets bad cause that is just how it works

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyStranger View Post
    Does anyone here think states and counties will try to secede if Biden goes too far? Is this article off the mark or dead on?

Or do you think it's all over, the gun/ammo bans will be permanent, anyone close to major population centres will be enslaved and only self sufficient people in remote rural areas will be sort of free and left alone?

Will Biden's Presidency Be A Catalyst For Secession... Or Worse?
    Your first mistake is thinking Biden is in charge. You should be worried about what the people the his earpiece are telling him what to do and what their plan for the country is.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-24-21 at 20:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Your first mistake is thinking Biden is in charge. You should be worried about what the people the his earpiece are telling him what to do and what their plan for the country is.
    The great reset and building a new totalitarian world on top of the ruins? The peasants must be disarmed if we are to build back better!

Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 01-25-21 at 05:40.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The people who think states will secede, or parts of states will secede from the rest of the state, are smoking the good stuff. No one but NO one will let that happen.

We'll go on bitching about like we always have, but nothing will change.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The people who think states will secede, or parts of states will secede from the rest of the state, are smoking the good stuff. No one but NO one will let that happen.

I think it will eventually happen.

Peacefully is another debate entirely.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

I guess that depends on if it's "official" secession or an unofficial one, i.e. there are states or areas that refuse to enforce Federal laws (like gun laws as an example). I could easily see that happening. "Secession Lite" is what you could call it.

As far as "official" secession, although less likely I could picture a time when a loose confederation of states being mostly autonomous ends up being the compromise. Might not be a bad idea either as opposed to a complete breakdown like the former Soviet Union ended up doing.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I think it will eventually happen.

Peacefully is another debate entirely.
    How do you think it will happen? How will a former state (or group of states) regulate an entirely separate economy? How will it work out if "N" state secedes, the the US or the states around it refuse travel or right-of-way, to include airspace? Tariffs and taxes on goods crossing the border?

Don't get me wrong...I think we've been on the path for Balkanization for 200 years; too much dissimilarity among regions, and I think some state economies could survive the hit. I just think it'll never happen.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast