Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Biden's Presidency Be A Catalyst For Secession... Or Worse?

Feedback Score

Will Biden's Presidency Be A Catalyst For Secession... Or Worse?

Does anyone here think states and counties will try to secede if Biden goes too far? Is this article off the mark or dead on?

Or do you think it's all over, the gun/ammo bans will be permanent, anyone close to major population centres will be enslaved and only self sufficient people in remote rural areas will be sort of free and left alone?

Will Biden's Presidency Be A Catalyst For Secession... Or Worse?
    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 01-22-21 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    For now, there will be some noises about secession from Texas, maybe some of the northern plains / Rockies states, but no serious action.

In 6-12 months we are going to be in a financial crisis. It was inevitable, and it's probably desired by the true elites and globalists. The USD is already in a Wile E. Coyote situation and within a few months of the crisis starting, it's going to fall in value fast, which will be experienced as rapid inflation. This will create a government solvency crisis at all levels. Never fear, the globalists and Federal Reserve Bank will have some "solution" in mind, and they'll try to give it to everyone good and hard. It will be even more repulsive than Xiden / Xirmala, and more obviously so, so a majority of people will be against it. That will be when people and states, being insolvent and no longer seeing any value provided by the insolvent and wildly out of touch central government, will start talking more seriously about secession, independence or just "GFY" to the Beltway.

Read up on the dissolution of the USSR, Yugoslavia, and the breakup of British India for some historical precedent.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 01-22-21 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    In 6-12 months we are going to be in a financial crisis.
    While I don't think that their will be any session, I do believe that there will be a decent financial crisis, this will hit the rust belt and other parts of what was Trump's base the hardest as the Feds and Biden will attempt to bail out major cities and businesses. Honestly, I think this will be the downfall of Biden and Harris, who will attempt to usurp the office in someway or another. I think that this will further split the dems in two, with the damn near (or outright) communists of AOC and her minions, as well what is left of the Nancy's gang of big business dems.

Everyone can hate Trump because he called someone fat on twitter, but when gas keeps going up and Subaru's aren't being sold at reasonable prices due to more environmental regulations, and drugs and crime on the rise in the next 4 years, people, even in the heart of the democratic suburbs will start to wake up. How much? Well that remains to be seen.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pray that it happens every day.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't think you can call for Unconditional Unity.
    There are a lot of Americans who are very suspicious of how this Election was run and they want answers. At this point can you even impeach a man who no longer holds office, or is it better to take steps, real steps toward answering a lot of questions.
    I would repeat at the same time the Monkey may have hit the King of the Jungle in the balls with a stick, but he didn't do that again, he didn't even make it to the tree in time. Well in time for lunch anyway.

If you've got nothing to hide, why worry? But I just wouldn't count on aggravating the shit out of people and then running to hide somewhere in the capital behind a fence again.

Feedback Score
    in 2 years

BUT you can make $15 a hour at McDonalds !

its tough though as its all automated and only 2 jobs at every one and now I need a college education to run the automated software ?
    gas is $6 a gallon but I used my carbon credits going to school to try to get the education I need to make min wage ?

I cant wait to vote bernie in next year he will fix it ! he promised $20 min wage and school would be free !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Pray that it happens every day.
    That won’t be peaceful and only a fool prays for war. I take it you aren’t a vet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I don't think you can call for Unconditional Unity.
    ^^^THIS!!!

ESPECIALLY when the very next breath you imply that the only reason for dissent is racism and hatred.

Just like Zero. "If you don't agree with me 100%, well that's cuz you're evil!"

ETA: if anything we should really start acting like an NFL team looking to move. "Hey we got 75 million productive, hard working, motivated citizens thinking about relocating. Who wants to make a deal?"
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 01-22-21 at 15:22.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    That won’t be peaceful and only a fool prays for war. I take it you aren’t a vet.
    Much to unpack in that.

First, I'm NOT a vet and I don't pretend otherwise. It makes no difference whatsoever and is a bullshit place to start such a discussion in my opinion.

It's often trotted out as a "qualifier" for having an opinion on anything involving politics, societal upheaval, war- without any real discussion of how Exactly it makes any difference. How many vets served in REMF units, in peacetime, never left the US of A-- and NEVER fired a shot in anger- and yet they are somehow arbiters of whether resistance to tyranny etc is warranted?....It's a meaningless attempt to discredit an opinion and I see it as nothing more than the logical fallacy of "appeal to authority".

Here's what I DO have- Degrees in Political Science and History and Law. I've studied the collapse of many societies due to economics, tyranny, war etc... I'm fairly well traveled- including South Africa, Morocco, Egypt, Israel, Most of the former Eastern Block, Mexico, Guatemala, Argentina, most of Western Europe. I've seen dead people lying face down in the gutter covered in flies and their own shit...So don't tell me, "You don't know what it's like outside the U.S.". I damn sure do.

Peaceful. Is peace the "most important thing"? Yes or no?

Me, I say no. The Gulags were peaceful. Mass graves are peaceful once the shooting stops etc....I don't accept peace at the price of slavery as a fair exchange. I am a peaceful man, but I absolutely will fight for my God Given rights- and if you can't see or understand that they are currently in grave peril, I cannot help that. I am not praying for war at all. But the problem is that what YOU or I want, doesn't mean a damn thing-- and it never has. Do you think the Tutsi's of Rwanda wanted a "war" ? Did 1 million Cambodians want the Killing Fields? The Ukrainians the Holmodor? What they "wanted" mattered not, nor will it here- we're not that special, history has it's way.

Further, there are MANY examples of entirely peaceful Secession's in history. Secession, over Civil War, is vastly preferable to me. It's the very last possibility to AVOID a much larger and crippling conflict in my opinion.
    Last edited by Esq.; 01-22-21 at 15:46.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    No. It will just make the U.S. a shittier place to live for ~ 50% of the citizens.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast