Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Biden's Presidency Be A Catalyst For Secession... Or Worse?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I don't think anyone has the balls for secession in earnest.

Just like now one has the balls for Civil War Dos.
    Not necessarily advocating it but I think tons of people have the balls to join the fighting. I even think that tons of people would be ok starting the fighting. I don’t think tons of people are ok fighting by themselves and hoping that the rest of their side joins in. Because until that massive group stands up, it’s just one guy who went psycho when no one else did and got shot down in the process.

I guarantee it’s more about mob mentality than anything else. Pretty sure there were a lot of combatants throughout all periods of human conflict that took up arms without ever having personally seen the effects first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Does anybody really believe they can vote themselves out of this mess by voting for secession? Or voting for anything else for that matter...Do you actually still believe in the ballot box?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    The new hr1 or whatever it is they are going to pass takes away state control of voting or something like that ?
    So I think even in the near future the feds are going to control states because you know its trumps racist people that voted for him we need to control

Watching tucker Carlson the clip he was showing of people saying that there are to many news sources that are conservative that need to be shut down because being able to choose is a bad thing

and considering that is a goal of this admin is to shut down those choices ?

Well even if folks wanted to its like asking to get off in the middle of a upside down roller coaster ride ! You are locked in till its over now

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I guess that depends on if it's "official" secession or an unofficial one, i.e. there are states or areas that refuse to enforce Federal laws (like gun laws as an example). I could easily see that happening. "Secession Lite" is what you could call it.

As far as "official" secession, although less likely I could picture a time when a loose confederation of states being mostly autonomous ends up being the compromise. Might not be a bad idea either as opposed to a complete breakdown like the former Soviet Union ended up doing.
    I have been given this more thought, and after some reading, I think you are on to something, if and only if SCOTUS balls up and does the right thing. I am still not a fan of 'secession lite'; states ain't leaving. But, sanctuary laws and pro-10A laws I think may stay the execution. Between Chicago v Barr and Prinz v US SCOTUS could rule in favor of 'sanctuary' status, for a number of causes and a number of municipalities.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    SCOTUS will do nothing, first time they buck the commies in power it's "say hello to your 4 new justices".
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    How do you think it will happen? How will a former state (or group of states) regulate an entirely separate economy? How will it work out if "N" state secedes, the the US or the states around it refuse travel or right-of-way, to include airspace? Tariffs and taxes on goods crossing the border?

Don't get me wrong...I think we've been on the path for Balkanization for 200 years; too much dissimilarity among regions, and I think some state economies could survive the hit. I just think it'll never happen.
    You know, truthfully, I don't know how exactly it will happen, just that it will eventually go down as there is too much anger on each side to come back from.

I've tried to think objectively of the reasons it wouldn't happen where we resolve our differences because of an outside event. The problem is I have yet to come up with any really good answers short of a 9/11 style event.

Now, here's the kicker... the Democrats are using what happened at the Capitol as their "domestic 9/11" and are attempting to rally the masses to their side and polarize 74 million people. The media and a lot of Republicans are highly complicit in this as well. Each and every time I hear "insurrection" or "domestic terrorism" I just roll my damn eyes. I've said time and time again on another site that if this truly was an insurrection, half of Washington D.C. would be burned to the ground right now along with a bunch of other places. Some idiots are using the Merriam-Webster definition of insurrection as their basis for this not even realizing what a true insurrection looks like. And what happened at the Capitol was not it.

Truth is, we were already Balkanized until 1860 and the Civil War happened. We were not the United States until after that war and federalization of many things starting taking root. Until that time, we were a Republic of united States, each being fairly equal to the other with a loose central government. Our federal government was never meant to be this large, bloated, controlling or powerful. It slowly took hold over decades and we are seeing the endgame knocking at our door and an authoritarian style government starting to emerge.

You want to know how it happens? Study the French Revolution, the rise of the Nazis, the Russian Revolutions of 1917 and, most importantly, our own revolt against England.

As I've said before and will continue to say to those thinking we are "creating" history. We're merely repeating it and the blueprints of what will happen are right in front of us.
    Last edited by Grand58742; 01-26-21 at 16:43.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I have been given this more thought, and after some reading, I think you are on to something, if and only if SCOTUS balls up and does the right thing. I am still not a fan of 'secession lite'; states ain't leaving. But, sanctuary laws and pro-10A laws I think may stay the execution. Between Chicago v Barr and Prinz v US SCOTUS could rule in favor of 'sanctuary' status, for a number of causes and a number of municipalities.
    I was actually inferring that "Secession Lite" would be states and other localities refusing to honor or enforce one or more Federal laws, not actually forming their own entities. The latter would be an actual secession, the former has already been happening for years with Federal marijuana laws as an example. You have states actually legalizing weed, flying in direct contradiction to Federal law on the Devil's Lettuce. Those state laws aren't exactly a secession; that's what I meant by ignoring certain Federal laws in certain states/regions (like future gun bans for instance). I will say though that that would indeed be a first step towards secession by ignoring Federal laws. It isn't the final product but is indeed a step in that general direction.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not necessarily advocating it but I think tons of people have the balls to join the fighting. I even think that tons of people would be ok starting the fighting. I don’t think tons of people are ok fighting by themselves and hoping that the rest of their side joins in. Because until that massive group stands up, it’s just one guy who went psycho when no one else did and got shot down in the process.

I guarantee it’s more about mob mentality than anything else. Pretty sure there were a lot of combatants throughout all periods of human conflict that took up arms without ever having personally seen the effects first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont think thats true at all. Just because you are around people that are willing to fight all day doesnt make it true for everyone else. Look at the Ireland and the IRA, very few actual fighters but lots of logistical support among the populace and from overseas.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-26-21 at 18:14.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Never mind
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-26-21 at 18:33.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Don't want to start another thread, but seriously? Four years later?

https://nypost.com/2021/01/27/alt-ri...isinformation/

The man behind pro-Trump Twitter troll account “Ricky Vaughn” was busted in Florida on Wednesday for spreading disinformation during the 2016 presidential election in a scheme to limit black turnout, officials said.

Douglass Mackey, 31, was arrested in West Palm Beach on one charge of conspiracy against rights, for which he faces up to 10 years in prison.

Between September and November 2016, Mackey allegedly conspired with others to use social media messaging to encourage blacks to cast their votes via text message so their ballots wouldn’t count, according to Brooklyn federal prosecutors.

On Nov. 1, one week before the presidential election that ushered in President Donald Trump’s term, Mackey allegedly tweeted an image of a black woman in front of an “African Americans for President Hillary” sign. Written on the photograph was the message, “Avoid the Line. Vote from Home. Text ‘Hillary’ to 59925. Vote for Hillary and be a part of history,” the complaint states.

More than 4,900 people, encouraged by the misinformation campaign, cast their vote via text, officials said.
    It's legit:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/socia...ation-campaign

The Tweet?

Sorry, but if you're stupid enough to fall for this, you don't need to be voting.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast