Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Will Biden's Presidency Be A Catalyst For Secession... Or Worse?

Feedback Score
    I guess I am considered a "geezer" since I'll be 61 on Washington's Birthday next month. Where I am right now, this land has been under 3 flags since the 16th century. If this area becomes another Country, I'll still be here. Not going anywhere. I'll make my stand on my own turf.

I receive an Army retirement, and if that goes away....so be it. I'll survive without it.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I do believe a State like Texas contributes more to the US economy through taxes and fees than they receive in return. If they rolled over the US income tax into a State income tax they could likely give retirees more. What I would like to see them do is take over all the military bases and equipment up to and including nukes, the troops could be given a choice leave or become Texans, that would be a sticky point but once they have possession.... Or if they could get a couple of ballistic subs to defect that would work also. Sad to say but I do believe they need a nuclear deterrent with the insane people in charge right now.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-30-21 at 17:15.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I guess I am considered a "geezer" since I'll be 61 on Washington's Birthday next month. Where I am right now, this land has been under 3 flags since the 16th century. If this area becomes another Country, I'll still be here. Not going anywhere. I'll make my stand on my own turf.

I receive an Army retirement, and if that goes away....so be it. I'll survive without it.
    At the time you joined the Army or retired for that matter, was anything like what is happen now conceivable to you in this country?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I can absolutely see the current administration stopping Military Retirement and VA Disability by convicting conservative Americans of sedition based on internet posts/memes.

Andy
    That’s how you move a lot people into the “nothing to lose” category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    At the time you joined the Army or retired for that matter, was anything like what is happen now conceivable to you in this country?
    I can't speak for OH58D but I got out in 76 and having served during the Cold War I can say no I would not have believed this. However the signs have been there of it coming, head of the CIA being a supposedly ex commie, an overt commie graduating from West Point and being commissioned. And I will say that I consider that the oath I took I believe to still be in effect and that I consider those who are violating that same oath to be domestic enemies.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I can't speak for OH58D but I got out in 76 and having served during the Cold War I can say no I would not have believed this. However the signs have been there of it coming, head of the CIA being a supposedly ex commie, an overt commie graduating from West Point and being commissioned. And I will say that I consider that the oath I took I believe to still be in effect and that I consider those who are violating that same oath to be domestic enemies.
    I was a teenager in the 70's, but I was informed and was involved in current affairs. I mentioned before that I worked Reagan's 1976 campaign because I believed in the guy - ate dinner with him in a private home in May 1976, partly because my mother was Reagan's campaign co-chair in New Mexico. As a teenager I understood what communism was, and how fragile our American experiment was.

I didn't join the military because I was super patriotic - I got in because I wanted out. Out of what I thought was a dead-end life in rural New Mexico. At the end of the Vietnam War, they had a large RIF (reduction in force), but by early 1977, they had kicked out too many commissioned officers. To remedy that all branches of the service came recruiting on high schools looking for students on the honor roll, high SAT, etc. They were recruiting for College ROTC with scholarship enticements. I applied and was awarded a 4 year college Reserve Officer Training Corps scholarship, to the college of my choice (provided there was an Army ROTC program). I checked out the University of Arizona, fell in love with the place, and went there. The scholarship was awarded in August 1977, but didn't begin using it until the Fall of 1978. In between I was enlisted in the Army Reserve delayed entry program, graduated from High School in May 1978, went to Army ROTC basic course at Fort Knox, then Jump School at Benning, then my freshman year of college.

After the fiasco in Somalia under Clinton, I never trusted another democrat President. Then seeing the AWB the following year, I knew things were going to be even more fragile in the United States. Retiring the last day of December 1999, I was ready to begin a new century planning to be independent of the outside world. Got my MBA in 1.5 years from the University of New Mexico, and has been hopefully a smart business man in running cattle ever since. Two Bachelor's Degrees and an MBA, and I'm doing blue collar work - and I love it. Being close to the earth out in the sticks makes you a Prepper, before "Prepper" was even part of the language. I am ready for that giant shit sandwich, but I'm going to be like an ice breaker ship - plowing my way thru hard times, socially, politically and economically. American's don't quit.

Here's just a little part of what I am hanging onto. This is my wife from earlier today with her crew of Australian Shepherd ranch hands:
    Last edited by OH58D; 01-30-21 at 20:14.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Always Remember

Rigged Elections Have Consequences

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    What concerns the conspiracy side of me is this impeachment trial.

What a perfect opportunity for a Reichstag Fire type of situation...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    The truth on its own does not set us or society free. You must supplement the truth with courage and the actions required to defend it. We've seen what happens when societies Knew the truth but failed in the courage and the appropriate actions to defend it.

Nobody's going to do it for us. Waiting will be the death of us...

So I'll just leave this here;

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    ― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find that far more, and far more hideous, crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
    C.P. Snow

“...So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men.”
    ~ Voltaire
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011