Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a reliable 6.5 AR10?

Feedback Score

Is there a reliable 6.5 AR10?

I understand from those really into large frame ARs that they are much more sensitive than the smaller siblings and often don’t run well unless things are just *so*.

I have no firsthand experience with large frame ARs.

I’d like to have one that is reliable like my 5.56 guns. But I’m going to be greedy and ask for it in 6.5 Creedmoor. You know, so I can kill polar bears at 1200 yards.

Kidding aside, I do prefer 6.5 and don’t want to proliferate calibers despite the obvious merit of a .308 rifle. (Ok .308 ammo more than the rifle per se.)

Are there any turnkey 6.5 ARs that run well? DD5? I’d assume KAC but dang expensive.

I had hopes of Aero M5 but the poor kid I saw at the range with one in 6.5 had that thing open all the time and trouble was about all he shot (troubleshoot heh).

Happy with my DDs and would do that again—- IF reliable.
    Last edited by Hohn; 01-22-21 at 15:33.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've messed with Pappabear's LMT, and it's run pretty good. American Gunner ammo seems to be what chokes it from time to time. The LMT's main drawback is it's weight.

He's also running the Colt which is pretty nice too. It is actually undergassed and runs good only because it's suppressed all of the time.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Was the Aero factory built or did he build it??

I know a few with the Aero , seem to function fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Sig 716 Gen 2 DMR comes in 6.5 creedmoor with 18" barrel. Several published reviews/articles that this rifle has excellent accuracy and reliability. Worst feature is the price. Expensive. But it would be on my short list if I were wanting a 6.5 AR10.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had a buddy who bought that sig. I think... the one with the trigger recall? His ran well, but he was pissed that he broke is NEVER SIG rule and had to return the gun for recall.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    PWS makes one that I would expect to be ridiculously reliable. Pistons eliminate the finicky nature entirely.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    PWS makes one that I would expect to be ridiculously reliable. Pistons eliminate the finicky nature entirely.
    Seriously? That has been anything but true for 5.56 platform.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Was the Aero factory built or did he build it??

I know a few with the Aero , seem to function fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I have no idea if factory or diy. I’ve had nothing but great experience with my aero lowers and upper. I’d be surprised if it was Aero’s fault.

But the too-good-to-be-true price gives me pause.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have experience with the DDM5 in 6.5?

Feedback Score
    Solgw mk10 in 6.5

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast