Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a reliable 6.5 AR10?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Seriously? That has been anything but true for 5.56 platform.
    Perhaps, but the USMC seems happy with its piston operated M27, and with the adoption of the NGSW (whichever version--probably Sig Spear), the DI 5.56 will be on its way out of regular use, as will the 5.56 itself. Anecdotely, I own 7 piston operated 5.56 rifles and have never had a single problem with any of them. To be fair, I also have several DI 5.56 rifles as well, and similar results. To me the key is to buy good quality weapons and then take care of them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I had a buddy who bought that sig. I think... the one with the trigger recall? His ran well, but he was pissed that he broke is NEVER SIG rule and had to return the gun for recall.
    The trigger recall was actually for the 716 Gen 1 model. Problem was an improperly heat treated hammer which could result in failure over time. That problem was corrected years ago. The current 716 Gen 2 DMR appears to be well regarded and a successful rifle for Sig. However, Sig will be releasing a civilian version of its MCX Spear in the next 12-18 months, available in both 6.5 creedmoor and 7.62. This is the same rifle currently being vetted as a part of the NGSW program. Everything I have seen and read indicates this will be an outstanding rifle, and will no doubt replace the 716 when it becomes available. The MCX has slowly become a very proven and desirable weapons system.
    Last edited by kyjd75; 01-24-21 at 10:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    the DI 5.56 will be on its way out of regular use, as will the 5.56 itself.
    Not the case from what I have heard. Combat arms units will dump the 5.56, but support units will continue to use the M4 and other 5.56 platforms. The Army is the same way. Too expensive and not needed for all Marines and Soldiers to have the new weapons in 6.8. Cooks, paper pushers and other remfs do not need an upgrade.

Feedback Score
    I built one several years ago using Mega and JP parts. The only problem I see is the occasional blown out primer. I think the higher pressures lead to the potential for this malfunction type to happen more often and the potential trigger group impingement. It’s not like anyone is staking creedmoor primers. Until the ammo is built for combat, I’m not sure I would consider the rifles as ideal for this purpose.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't shoot this gun for groups except when checking zero. Otherwise it is used almost 100% on steel. I shot a match and did some dialing on the turrets. After the match I decided to check if my turrets returned nicely to zero.

The Rifle: Savage MSR 10 (with gunsmith custom work) 18" barrel 6.5 Creedmoor. ~700 rounds down the tube.

Optics: Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16 MRAD

Ammo: Seller N Bellot 140gr FMJ. I used to find this ammo for 0.70 a round and bought it by the case. Love this stuff. unfortunately Im finally running out. Need to cook up a load with all the brass I collected.

Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12