Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Review: WandaVision

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We can't see the big picture yet because it's only 3 episodes, but thus far I am enjoying it. Was a fan of the Scarlett Witch and Vision relationship in the comic as well.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I still can't figure out when this is supposed to take place since Vision is dead. Is it between Captain America Civil War and Infinity War?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    We can't see the big picture yet because it's only 3 episodes, but thus far I am enjoying it. Was a fan of the Scarlett Witch and Vision relationship in the comic as well.
    Same here.

I'm betting it is an alternate reality created by the Scarlet Witch, whether she knows it or not is another thing. S.W.O.R.D. is involved somehow, may have her doped up or otherwise under their control. In the comics Wanda is extremely powerful but ripe with mental issues that led to her destroying the Avengers. This whole Leave it Beaver, That Girl, Brady Bunch, etc. are Wanda's projection of a "normal" life she seeks. As far as Vision being dead, comics book character are often reincarnated.

That chick on the bike, who was also dress as a witch in an earlier episode, is most likely Agatha Harkness. The black chick is that little girl from Captain Marvel and was wearing S.W.O.R.D. medallion.

There are Easter eggs all over the place.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Same here.

I'm betting it is an alternate reality created by the Scarlet Witch, whether she knows it or not is another thing. S.W.O.R.D. is involved somehow, may have her doped up or otherwise under their control. In the comics Wanda is extremely powerful but ripe with mental issues that led to her destroying the Avengers. This whole Leave it Beaver, That Girl, Brady Bunch, etc. are Wanda's projection of a "normal" life she seeks. As far as Vision being dead, comics book character are often reincarnated.

That chick on the bike, who was also dress as a witch in an earlier episode, is most likely Agatha Harkness. The black chick is that little girl from Captain Marvel and was wearing S.W.O.R.D. medallion.

There are Easter eggs all over the place.
    Nailed it. I'm very curious about the Monica Rambeau connection. Throughout the 80's Carol Danvers was dead, so Monica was Captain Marvel in name. This could be a lead up to Rogue in the MCU.

Now the question I have is if Wanda is comatose in a simulation or in a full blown "House of M" style contained reality.

Allegedly "Wandavision" leads right into "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness."
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    From a homeschooling perspective, I loved it. Gave my teenage boys a view of older tv shows and styles. And it got their imagination going as to what could be happening.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    Nailed it. I'm very curious about the Monica Rambeau connection. Throughout the 80's Carol Danvers was dead, so Monica was Captain Marvel in name. This could be a lead up to Rogue in the MCU.

Now the question I have is if Wanda is comatose in a simulation or in a full blown "House of M" style contained reality.

Allegedly "Wandavision" leads right into "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness."
    Seems the logical choice. Of course it's also something that could easily exist in David Haller's mind, but I don't think Legion performed well enough to be crossed into the MCU, at least not now. I'm not watching WV, any Easter eggs in that direction?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    If anyone is watching this, the episode this week (Episode 4) lifted the curtain a bit and has now put things on track with some explanation. I was starting to taper in interest after the first three, but this one brought it together and now it gets more interesting.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Agreed. It’s more interesting now. I just can’t believe that they wasted that much time with the set up.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Seems the logical choice. Of course it's also something that could easily exist in David Haller's mind, but I don't think Legion performed well enough to be crossed into the MCU, at least not now. I'm not watching WV, any Easter eggs in that direction?
    There hasn’t been anything that I noticed pushing that direction, but it’s an interesting idea. I do wish they’d do something with Legion - it was the coolest looking show, with only a mediocre story.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    There hasn’t been anything that I noticed pushing that direction, but it’s an interesting idea. I do wish they’d do something with Legion - it was the coolest looking show, with only a mediocre story.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Agreed. It had so much promise, and then they went all Alice & Wonderland on it. Syd's character has such promise, but they made sure to ruin that.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast