Thread: FN barrel question

Feedback Score

FN barrel question

I have a Spike's "Retro" model, which is basically a Plain-Jane A4 with a 20-inch HBAR. I noticed that the barrel is marked with the "FN" logo followed by the usual "B MP 5.56 NATO 1/7".

Spike's contracted the barrel from FN, but as far as I was aware FN wasn't really known for their 20 inch heavy barrels. Or do they make a decent amount of these?

It's a nice rifle. Of course it would be nicer without that stupid spider logo.
    Last edited by Slater; 01-23-21 at 15:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Order enough, and most manufacturers will make whatever you want, to whatever standard you want.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    That barrel is actually supposed to be pretty good. I've not shot one but I've heard of it. It is never referenced as an FN barrel, just called the Spikes 20 in HBAR. As stickman says, just another FN contract barrel. They make all kinds of stuff. I've even seen FN AK barrels.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post

It's a nice rifle. Of course it would be nicer without that stupid spider logo.

There’s a reason why their logo is also referred to as the “dueling penises”, look closely at it and once you see it, you’ll never go back to seeing that spider again. Problem solved!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    There’s a reason why their logo is also referred to as the “dueling penises”, look closely at it and once you see it, you’ll never go back to seeing that spider again. Problem solved!
    Yep, I'm aware. Unfortunately.