Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting up reloading room in new house today

Feedback Score

Setting up reloading room in new house today

Number one priority for me is going to be labeling cans so I do not have to crack them open to know what is inside...

I sortof knew what was where at old place due to where things were located but everything is mixed all up now and I have no clue what is where.

Plan to fix that today!

Feedback Score
    Good luck with getting setup. I moved about five years ago and getting set-up was a priority. It was amazing where I found some of the small things; nothing seemed to be where I put it!

Later in the year or next year we are building a house on the farm and I’m going to design a purpose-built room for loading and dry fire.

Here’s where I am now:

I’ve added quite a few tools since these photos were taken but it is a far-cry from the closet I started in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I’ve added quite a few tools since these photos were taken but it is a far-cry from the closet I started in.

THAT is a nice reloading work area sir...

My old reloading room was a shared room also containing my home office. It sucked... Not enough space for either an office or a reloading room and everything jumbled together.

Son inquired about moving back in with me after college 'if the job thing did not work out as planned' a while back. I called him on a facetime video and walked him around the old house showing him what I had the different rooms set up for (and how cramped things were). Eventually panned the camera down to a spot of the floor in the dog room that was not currently being occupied and asked him if that spot would would be cool for him...

Girls got an tiny upgrade on their dog room when we moved here. Still too small but better than what they had.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, sir. Glad the girls did indeed get an upgrade!

Since I’ve added under-lighting to brighten up the bench top, added an annealing machine, doubled the overhead lighting, and added another progressive press. Next is a Giraud trimmer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Thank you, sir. Glad the girls did indeed get an upgrade!

Since I’ve added under-lighting to brighten up the bench top, added an annealing machine, doubled the overhead lighting, and added another progressive press. Next is a Giraud trimmer.

That is going to be a priority here as well. Have not bought anything yet to get there but definitely plan to add lighting around the bench to help me see things better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm envious of people who have dedicated reloading benches. I only have room for a general purpose workbench, so I've configured equipment for quick setup and teardown. Takes minutes. But still a dedicated setup is best.

Feedback Score
    Found these tubs at Chinamart for cheap and really like them for sorting / organizing my brass.

Even when full they seemed to handle being moved around without acting like they were about to take a dump. No way they could handle being filled with completed rounds of any sort but empty brass cases seems fine. Like that they are stackable too...

Know for sure there is just over one k of the nickel brass in the top bucket here, 3 k in the one under that and 3.5 k of the stuff on the bottom. Guessing I could likely get about 4k of 45ACP size brass in one of these containers and still be able to close the lid without having to mash stuff down or fiddle around much.

Was just under 20 bucks for all 8 of those. (two separate 4 packs) Will be getting a few more of these for sure...

I 'thought' I was being smart on my shelves intended for the heavy stuff by keeping them shorter in length. Even at just under 24" in length that 3/4 thick Melamine is taking a slight bow after just a day with stuff on it. Going to have to sort out how to stiffen them up underneath.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Found these tubs at Chinamart for cheap and really like them for sorting / organizing my brass.

Even when full they seemed to handle being moved around without acting like they were about to take a dump. No way they could handle being filled with completed rounds of any sort but empty brass cases seems fine. Like that they are stackable too...

Know for sure there is just over one k of the nickel brass in the top bucket here, 3 k in the one under that and 3.5 k of the stuff on the bottom. Guessing I could likely get about 4k of 45ACP size brass in one of these containers and still be able to close the lid without having to mash stuff down or fiddle around much.

Was just under 20 bucks for all 8 of those. (two separate 4 packs) Will be getting a few more of these for sure...

I 'thought' I was being smart on my shelves intended for the heavy stuff by keeping them shorter in length. Even at just under 24" in length that 3/4 thick Melamine is taking a slight bow after just a day with stuff on it. Going to have to sort out how to stiffen them up underneath.
    Good idea, I have been using large metal baking tins with higher walls for all of my sorting. I will look into “Chi-com” mart.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Sorry, but that system sucks... Been there, done that, hated scraping old labels off boxes.

You'll thank me once you try these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got them to use on file cabinets and toolboxes, but ammo cans would be a perfect application, too...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Sorry, but that system sucks... Been there, done that, hated scraping old labels off boxes.

You'll thank me once you try these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got them to use on file cabinets and toolboxes, but ammo cans would be a perfect application, too...
    Just write straight on the plastic with sharpie. When it’s time to change it, alcohol pads wipe it right off. Rinse and repeat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast