Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone remember 9BPLE?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Geez you guys are making me wonder if I still have any around. It was my first duty load.

Just for old times sake.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    I actually carry 9BPLE as my duty load.

My department issues the 9BP (non- +P+) round, but only gives us 50 rounds... and my magazines and sidearm hold 70, plus the spare mags in my rifle vest and so on.

Policy allows a round "similar" to the issue round to be carried, so I use the 9BPLE. I used it for civilian carry before I became a cop, I have about 2000 rounds in my ammo stash.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-29-21 at 12:12.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Right now, any 9mm HP that isnt ridiculously overpriced is a winner and I would rather have 9BPLE than a lot of other 9 mm.

Feedback Score
    I still have a few hundred left from when I bought a case for like 20 something cents per round, not too bad lol. Its not great but it'll definitely get the job done. If I was a cop I would avoid it like the plague for duty use, it performs terrible through windshields and car doors. Ive also seen it severely under penetrate in animals, so id personally never use it unless I absolutely have to

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It worked brilliantly until Hydra-Shok came out. Then, I overnight, it became ineffective.

I have a partial box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    It worked brilliantly until Hydra-Shok came out. Then, I overnight, it became ineffective.
    Exactly.

ALL handgun rounds are underpowered and ineffective. A handgun is the gun you have when you don't think you'll need a gun. 9BPLE works just as well as it ever did, and it's put plenty of people in the ground in it's long service history.

For that matter, in military service I've shot far more people with the 124gr FMJ 9mm military issue round than with 5.56 (I just always seemed to have the M9 with me when the shooting started). It didn't kill every one, but none ever stood back up to complain either...
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 03-11-21 at 23:34.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post

I have a partial box.
    It became ineffective because it was. The hydrashok was better, particularly for LE. The Illinois State Police load was known to have shortcomings. There were the occasional failure to stop due to under penetration, and it performed terribly through auto glass. The. hydrashok performed much better in auto glass and car doors, and almost always penetrated sufficiently, even if it didn't always expand.
    It became inefficient when the hydrashok came put, and the gold dot made the hydrashok ineffective. Technology became better, and as such newer generation bullets were noticeably more effective

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I shot my last of it a year or two ago...

Targetsportsusa used to have it. Outdated design, but still better than FMJ.

Thing I loved about it, it was laser beam accurate out of our Glocks. Much like the far superior 124gr GD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12