Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk thermal scopes

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Not worried at all about it getting lost with registered mail but USPS is crazy slow. It’s been to the same post office twice and now hasn’t moved in 2 days.

Oh well. I’ve been learning patience dealing with NIVISION lol
    Jk it got delivered today.

SO STOKED for tonight with my new baby girl.

Feedback Score
    Jk it got delivered today.

SO STOKED for tonight with my new baby girl.
    Heck yes!!! Your going to love it! Awesome units.

thanks again!
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Oh yeah. My balls tingle.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Good for you. Do you mind sharing your initial thoughts when you can?

I’ve got a NOX18 on the way, I hope. Mine was shipped from JRH probably in the same batch as yours and the tracking says the phucking thing only arrived in Atlanta today after six phucking days. I’m in the Pacific Northwest. So yeah, I’m not happy and very phucking irritated. Was hoping to take it out this weekend when I’m in the backcountry starting tomorrow.

Would love to hear what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post

I’ve got a NOX18 on the way, I hope. Mine was shipped from JRH probably in the same batch as yours and the tracking says the phucking thing only arrived in Atlanta today after six phucking days. I’m in the Pacific Northwest. So yeah, I’m not happy and very phucking irritated. Was hoping to take it out this weekend when I’m in the backcountry starting tomorrow.

It’s crystal clear. I can see everything. I have the 35mm so a bit bigger but I can easily see deer and coyote sized game out to 500+ yards. At 150y I can see the wisps of fur on an animals back and hind section. It’s insane. I now understand why “pics don’t do it justice” is stated for every NOX review. They just don’t. I almost don’t want to post any because it doesn’t come close to what you really see.

I can’t explain it other than it’s crystal clear. Thermal has come a long way in the last decade. It makes NV look like a joke.

I got it zeroed in 6 rounds. It’s easier to zero than a traditional scope even.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    It’s crystal clear. I can see everything. I have the 35mm so a bit bigger but I can easily see deer and coyote sized game out to 500+ yards. At 150y I can see the wisps of fur on an animals back and hind section. It’s insane. I now understand why “pics don’t do it justice” is stated for every NOX review. They just don’t. I almost don’t want to post any because it doesn’t come close to what you really see.

I can’t explain it other than it’s crystal clear. Thermal has come a long way in the last decade. It makes NV look like a joke.

I got it zeroed in 6 rounds. It’s easier to zero than a traditional scope even.
    I'm h-happy for y-y-you.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Dude’s sleep is ****ed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post

I'm not sure what the hell goes on in Atlanta but I don't believe those jokers up there ever scan a package. I've tracked several that look like they have been "sitting" in Atlanta for days that show up cross country the next damn day.

It will get there. Registered mail is the safest (most expensive however, but none of you all were charged shipping) method for high dollar items.

We just went through a similar thing with Fedex. Something shipped within the state (usually 1-2 days) took about ten days to get here- in the same damn state.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    I'm not sure what the hell goes on in Atlanta but I don't believe those jokers up there ever scan a package. I've tracked several that look like they have been "sitting" in Atlanta for days that show up cross country the next damn day.

It will get there. Registered mail is the safest (most expensive however, but none of you all were charged shipping) method for high dollar items.

We just went through a similar thing with Fedex. Something shipped within the state (usually 1-2 days) took about ten days to get here- in the same damn state.
    Funny enough this is exactly what happened to me. Note that I made a post at 4:22am Eastern and it was still showing as it bouncing around Atlanta. I don’t even live in Georgia.

5 hours later it was at my house. Atlanta’s a mess.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I got my NOX18 yesterday and was able to play around with it for about an hour last night. It is very impressive. You’re right, it’s very clear. Holy smokes is it bright. My came with brightness at the high setting of 5 and I was blinded initially. Even at 2 and 3 it’s a little bright. The controls and menus are very intuitive and easy to use. Reticles are nice with great options. Did I mention how clear it is?

Since I’ll use it a lot as a scanner, I need to figure out a good neck lanyard system.

Plan to take it out this weekend with the NODs to get full effect. We do a lot of night hikes and training in a remote area known to be cougar county and we’ve always “felt the presence” of the cats while out in NODs but haven’t seen them. Yet.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast