Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk thermal scopes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post

Since I’ll use it a lot as a scanner, I need to figure out a good neck lanyard system.
    I use my thermal as a scanner and scope, and i have a neck lanyard for mine. I basically took a padded neck lanyard (from a binocular case), and then tied it with paracord to a long picatinny rail section. My Thermal is on a QD mount, so it attaches to the neck lanyard rail, and when i want to shoot, i just use the QD mount to quickly release it and put it on my gun. I have a rail cover on my gun, so the thermal always goes back in the exact same spot, and i also got some glow in the dark tape from amazon that is on my gun showing me exactly where to put it quickly. Holds zero great every time. I've killed multiple coyotes this way.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I use my thermal as a scanner and scope, and i have a neck lanyard for mine. I basically took a padded neck lanyard (from a binocular case), and then tied it with paracord to a long picatinny rail section. My Thermal is on a QD mount, so it attaches to the neck lanyard rail, and when i want to shoot, i just use the QD mount to quickly release it and put it on my gun. I have a rail cover on my gun, so the thermal always goes back in the exact same spot, and i also got some glow in the dark tape from amazon that is on my gun showing me exactly where to put it quickly. Holds zero great every time. I've killed multiple coyotes this way.
    Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Just wanted to update this thread

I've had it 10 months now? It's been *BEAT UP* and abused. It's gotten muddy. Rained on. Fell off the ATV as I was driving it up into a truck bed. It bounced out of the ATV, landed on the objective side on the rail of the truck bed and then fell down off the bed of the truck on the ground. Probably fell a total of 7 feet on to gravel.

Nothin. I use it every single night to scan for coyotes or hogs in my pastures. It's been cycled on and off at least 300 times - maybe even double that.

Still works. No dead pixels. Retains zero (even though I remove it every night for a scanner and put it back on when I see a coyote or hog)

I'm beyond impressed, and I don't miss the $2000~ I would've saved by buying something cheaper.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Just wanted to update this thread

I've had it 10 months now? It's been *BEAT UP* and abused. It's gotten muddy. Rained on. Fell off the ATV as I was driving it up into a truck bed. It bounced out of the ATV, landed on the objective side on the rail of the truck bed and then fell down off the bed of the truck on the ground. Probably fell a total of 7 feet on to gravel.

Nothin. I use it every single night to scan for coyotes or hogs in my pastures. It's been cycled on and off at least 300 times - maybe even double that.

Still works. No dead pixels. Retains zero (even though I remove it every night for a scanner and put it back on when I see a coyote or hog)

I'm beyond impressed, and I don't miss the $2000~ I would've saved by buying something cheaper.
    Just to be clear because it has been awhile since I went through this thread, you are talking about the Nox 35 correct?
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Just to be clear because it has been awhile since I went through this thread, you are talking about the Nox 35 correct?
    Correct.

I've actually placed an order with Lowdown3 for another one

Feedback Score
    Noice!!! Thanks again!

Is that a T1 you have mounted on top?
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Noice!!! Thanks again!

Is that a T1 you have mounted on top?
    Yep. Everyone laughs at it but its no higher than an RMR on an ACOG.

Feedback Score
    It looks about the same height. I like it!!!
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    It looks about the same height. I like it!!!
    Thanks. It's great for being in the woods at night in case something (someone) gets in your business

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    double tap

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast