Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second Amendment sanctuary

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Second Amendment sanctuary

Lots of States introducing bills about this. This is only going to gain momentum, taking guns away may not be as easy as they thought. Many States even blue ones like New Jersey have counties declaring this also. Texas has a bill introduced taking a novel approach, it states that since Texas joined the Union in 1845 only the federal laws in effect at that time apply. Interesting times indeed, I see a Tenth Amendment rebellion brewing not just about gun laws.

Also Mississippi and 8 other States are looking at forming a compact, I notice news stories on this are disappearing so big brother must be worried.

Governor Abbott Declares Texas a ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary’
    https://newspunch.com/governor-abbot...ent-sanctuary/

Arizona Moving Toward Second Amendment Sanctuary Statusb
    https://lidblog.com/arizona-second-amendment-sanctuary/

Oklahoma Senator Wants to Make State a Second Amendment Sanctuary
    https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...ent-sanctuary/

Tennessee House passes Second Amendment sanctuary resolution
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ary-resolution
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-25-21 at 09:22.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    That's kind of what I was referring to in the other thread: what we are seeing is certain areas and states pushing back, and a good place to start is refusing to enforce certain Federal laws (even ones that have not been passed yet).

Hell, it isn't new.....look at all the states that've been doing it for years regarding weed.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Right I didn't want this to get buried in the other thread but it should really be about the Tenth Amendment also, not so much Texas because it has little Federal lands but Western States might choose to ignore restrictive oil and gas bans.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Right I didn't want this to get buried in the other thread but it should really be about the Tenth Amendment also, not so much Texas because it has little Federal lands but Western States might choose to ignore restrictive oil and gas bans.
    I have the feeling this might be the only way to off set the removal of Federal funding.
    At this point I think ignoring Biden, Harris and all the rest might be the safest bet. Let them deal with the chess board from that perspective where many Governor reject their policies and go about Business as usual.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I hope to be in Idaho by the 3rd week of April. It's a sanctuary state. Isn't a lot of this going to depend on the county sheriffs and what they will and won't do?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The county sheriffs will bend to the will of the people of their county or they will be gone. What this will boil down to is the States not recognizing new restrictive Federal laws and if they want them enforced they will have to do so. And they can expect a hostile workplace if they try and do so. The Federal countermove will be to cut Federal funding, then what happens will be interesting, I can think of several things the Free States can do to counteract this since they produce most of the food and energy. Right now the demcoms are living a wetdream and can't restrain themselves, they better wake up soon or they will turn up the heat too fast and the frogs will jump out of the water.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-25-21 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    Call me cynical, I am afraid it's all a paper tiger. I'd love to be wrong. I'd like to see the local government stand up for their people. But I'll believe it when I see it.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I'll bet PA passes it, but Philthy & Pittsburgh refuse to recognize it.

Ditto NC, vis-a-vis Charlotte & Raleigh.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Call me cynical, I am afraid it's all a paper tiger. I'd love to be wrong. I'd like to see the local government stand up for their people. But I'll believe it when I see it.
    Well given you come from a state that elected Romney I can understand your misgiving. But half the people in this country are pissed off at what happened and is happening and most of those that are for it are concentrated in relativity few densely populated areas. Look the USA was hijacked, the vast majority of the people know it was hijacked, some are all for it but most aren't, the demcoms think they are in for an easy ride but I happen to think they are mistaken but time will tell.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What these bills need to add is that if your state has magazine or firearm manufacturers, federal law does not apply and can sell in state only, or through the state compact that Mississippi is proposing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast