Thread: Trump Extends LEOSA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Trump Extends LEOSA

We all have the Right (capital R) and as big a LE supporter as I am, they should be given no Rights not on the job we all don't enjoy. However, one reason the anti gun derpa derps resisted LEOSA is because they knew it would be used as a precedent to push for nation wide CCW, as it should be. So, on the balance I suspect this is a benefit to us all as it can and should be argued that should be extended to all legal gun owners:

Trump Executive Order Increases Police Access To Concealed Carry, Includes Judges And Prosecutors

Washington, DC – President Donald Trump signed an Executive Order on Monday afternoon that extended the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) of 2004 to include federal judges and prosecutors and made it easier for retired officers to get their LEOSA credentials.

LEOSA, which was passed in 2004, allows most retired law enforcement officers to carry a concealed firearm in all 50 states and in U.S. territories regardless of local gun laws.

Under LEOSA, qualified retired local, state, and federal law enforcement officers may take an annual test and be issued a photo ID card credential that exempts them from local firearms laws.

But some law enforcement officers have had trouble getting their credentials because their departments are either unwilling or unable to issue the required retirement credentials.

Some states, for example, will only issue retirement credentials if an officer has completed more than 25 years of service with the department, according to Police Chief.

Cont:

https://policetribune.com/trump-exec...d-prosecutors/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I don't believe in a different set of rights for "special" people. All or none, in for a penny, in for a pound, etc.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Sorry, I don't believe in a different set of rights for "special" people. All or none, in for a penny, in for a pound, etc.
    Per the OP, "separate but equal" never survives long, and the anti gun idiots know it, hence their resistance to the 2004 LEOSA. This ultimately works in our/non LE, favor and they know it. That's my take at least.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”