Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamondback 300 BO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Our Local small town police department bought 2 from a local gunshop at the recommendation of the store owner. 2 biggest piles of steaming crap I've ever seen. unpinned probably aluminum gas blocks, what looked like cast or MIM'd extractors, unstaked castle nuts, one receiver extension was loose and one was missing the buffer retainer which means some asshole at the factory slapped that thing together and said "**** it". My buddy was one of the officers at the department and had to keep one in his car so I fixed them up as good as I could. Garbage. Even the furniture just seemed cheap and rickety.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    If Chris gives them a positive review then I doubt he actually runs his gun hard before reviewing. I’ve been beginning to question the validity of any of his reviews as of late as he has been showcasing a lot of crap as of late.
    Doesn't surprise me that goober gave them a glowing review.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWcityguy2 View Post
    He's not the only one who shoots a few magazines on a range trip or two, then puts up a positive review.

For better or worse, lots of guns get reviewed that way. Some of those videos get posted here with no one asking if the gun in the video got run hard.
    I’ve brought that up to at least one reviewer on here.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    unpinned probably aluminum gas blocks
    That seems really, really easy to confirm one way or the other.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That seems really, really easy to confirm one way or the other.
    But I didn’t care to at the time or after because the guns were garbage.

And lol at that was the only thing you took from my post.
    Last edited by Rifleman_04; 02-03-21 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    It sure sounds like you heard "aluminium sux" somewhere and then just randomly injected it into this conversation.

Feedback Score
    I don't believe they use AL gas blocks but it's been quite a while since I looked one over. I think their block is steel w/set screw and no dimple, but like I said it's been a while.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It sure sounds like you heard "aluminium sux" somewhere and then just randomly injected it into this conversation.
    For a gas block it sure does suck. Again it’s funny that was the only thing you pulled from my post about all of the issues the guns had. Who cares about the gas blocks. I sure didn’t. The guns were garbage.

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    Again it’s funny that was the only thing you pulled from my post about all of the issues the guns had.
    It's because you were obviously talking out of your A$$ on that point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's because you were obviously talking out of your A$$ on that point.
    Sure thing, bud. And you are showing yours.

Must be a diamondback owner and a bartucci fan.

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I actually took a Diamondback 300 BO on a trade for a Ruger Revolver I wasn't using any more. The guy won it a raffle and it was brand new in the box. He just wanted my revolver more. And I wanted something to plink with, and I happened to have a bunch of 300 BO componets from a earlier DD I converted to 5.56mm.

The Gas Block is steel, but don't know if it's dimpled or not. The Castle Nut is properly staked. The BCG gas key is also well staked, not sure if the extractor is MIM or not, but I have a spare BCM BCG to slap in it, if it fails. The stock furniture is and was crap and has been replaced. So far, I've put about 900 rounds through it all 110 grain LiL' Gun handloads, out to 300 yds. Accuracy is OK. The "mil-spec" trigger is a bit better than just fine. Magazines (all 300 BO Lancers & Magpul that I've tried) eject as they should. No malfunctions of any kind.

I've put BUIS on it, QD front sling mount, BCM Front Grip, BCM Pistol Grip, Magpul Stock, Streamlight PropTac Rail Mount 2, IWC Mount, Swampfox Arrowhead 1-6, SWFA SSALT Mount

For cheap useless crap it's been running pretty well. I'm not sure what constitutes "garbage" any more but this POS is OK. Might just be a sample of one...

I see a lot of American made parts........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLMsHigwhI

IMHO and YMMV
    Last edited by BobinNC; 02-09-21 at 19:18.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast