Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend possible areas to live in Idaho

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    We have a house and property in Mackay, Custer County. This is Southeastern Idaho and it's about an hour and a half (depends how you drive) from Idaho Falls. Good values and California has not invaded this area yet. Home prices are very reasonable, unlike Boise.
    Mackay is cool. Great jumping off point to Copper Basin and the Pahsimeroi. Idaho is great.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Own property in the Copper Basin. Beautiful is an understatement. Been going there since I was 8.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    We have a house and property in Mackay, Custer County. This is Southeastern Idaho and it's about an hour and a half (depends how you drive) from Idaho Falls. Good values and California has not invaded this area yet. Home prices are very reasonable, unlike Boise.
    You weren't kidding. Some beautiful areas up there and nice listings.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes.
    I know it is a bit further East than you want but it checks all your other boxes.
    There is a medical center in town and there's a small hospital in Arco which is about 30 minutes away. Most emergencies get a helicopter to Idaho Falls. Winters are long and cold but the rest of the year is beautiful. They get about 100 days of above freezing temperatures and that's not bad at 5600 feet above sea level.
    No snakes either because of the elevation. Once you get down to the Pahsimoroi Valley and into Salmon, you get rattlers.
    People are nice, they look you in the eye and say hwody. There's a real mix of people from rich ranchers to poor irrigation workers, but everyone's just plain nice.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I live in Logan Ut but I can see southeast Idaho from my back porch haha, and a lot of my coworkers commute from Franklin county. I love this area, you’re 2 hours from either IF or Slc and as CoryCop was saying, people are just nice out here. The views are stunning, can’t beat the hunting and fishing, but yeah winters last a good 6 months, but the weather from spring to fall it’s downright heaven
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-27-21 at 07:11.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Hmm...wife and I are starting to talk options to escape WA as well. Watching threads like this with interest...

Feedback Score
    Anywhere that ain't Dubois.

Just kidding, I just did a job there this winter. Not as nice as some places I've been in Idaho. I've hunted Elk north of McCall, love that area.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Any intel about what it's like around Lewiston or Moscow? Or farther south, Payette, or Caldwell?
    PM me, I lived in Caldwell for a bit

Feedback Score
    Been to northern ID. It was great. Still, it isn't free enough for a patriot to sleep easy. I reckon no place is now, though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well it took a long time, and I stopped posting on the forum here over a year ago, but we finally got it done. Signed a contract on a new place being built in Star, ID, planning to move around next April-May when it's done. The cost of the new place--which is 900 sq. ft. larger than our than our existing 50-year-old home, and laid out much better--was 35% lower than the low-end range of what our current place is assessed to sell for in Puget Sound. Lots of tech people moving here and snapping up all the houses.

Can't wait to get to a place that upholds the Constitution. The leftist tyrants running this state have lost their minds. And there are too many hipsters around here, the culture in Puget Sound makes me crazy. I hear there are some in ID too , but mostly concentrated around Boise and resort areas. Hope they stay there.

As AOTAC says, there *is* no perfect place. We're realistic about that. But we have some friends there in Western ID. And we figure we should be in a community of folks that share at least the same core values we do about the country, the Constitution, and liberty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast